Sidelined for a while, knee replacement

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
singleshotcajun

Re: Sidelined for a while, knee replacement

Post by singleshotcajun »

Thanks fellers. Things are looking up a bit this morning. I stopped the muscle relaxer they had me on, seems it was the cause of my itching/scratching and sweating like a meth addict.Can hardly wait until I can get out on the patio and play with my airguns,hopefully next week. I don't know if I have discussed it here yet but I am also an airgun freak.One of my therapy items will be my Red Ryder with scout peep sight shooting four inch plastic swinger from 50'. I got back into airguns a few years ago when this knee flared up and was off work for a couple of months. Since then I have acquired many airguns over what I had before both rifles and handguns . I now range from Co2 bb pistols to a Crosman custom shop .177 Silhouette Co2 .177 with a Lothar barrel in air hand guns and from a Chinese B3 to a Walther LGV Master in air rifles.I will also be shooting my Benjamin that my Mother bought me in 1983 when I was recuperating from the reconstruction of this very knee. Back then that pellet rifle helped to keep me from going nuts as it will again now.
We are told NOT TO judge Islam by the actions of a few lunatics. However we are encouraged TO judge ALL Gun Owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.
NRA Lifer, TSRA, PSC Shooting Club
SHALOM Y'ALL In God we trust, Romans 8:28
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

That is a sweet looking rifle. Did you refinish it?
Michael
singleshotcajun

Thanks RD.The Benjamin spent many years in the rod box of my Bass boat and it showed the ware for it.Last year the check valve failed.After searching for a replacement I found a gentleman in Georgetown who rebuilds them, sent it to him.The peep sight on it went out of production sometime in the seventies I believe. I searched many years for one to no avail but the guru in Georgetown had one. When I got it back I gave the bronze a few coats of Brownell's Alumahyde in semi gloss black and the Walnut got my Finnish army stock wax.The butt end got one of my custom mouse pad anti slip "pads", not fancy but it sure keeps them from sliding around.Image
We are told NOT TO judge Islam by the actions of a few lunatics. However we are encouraged TO judge ALL Gun Owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Good work I still have my first daisy. I have a few others as well. I will have to see what models they are. Then we can start an airgun thread. My rws needs seals redone.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

akuser47 wrote:Good work I still have my first daisy. I have a few others as well. I will have to see what models they are. Then we can start an airgun thread. My rws needs seals redone.
Good idea AK! I don't have anything fancy, but do have 4 air rifles and 3 pistols.
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Yea mine are nothing fancy the rws when new was pricey but once I get her rebiult. She should be gtg again. I got called to work this weekend but on Monday I be home helping my mother again so I will put some pics and info up on what I have. Your welcome to start an airgun thread in topic bucket. I will add my stable into it once I have a chance.
singleshotcajun

Great idea for an AG thread in the topic bucket. In today's ammo market air guns are the perfect way to maintain proficiency. I normally shoot one or more of my airguns daily. Front sight-target-breath-trigger press all the same. In some ways airguns are harder to shoot consistently because of the time it takes from trigger press to projectile exiting the barrel, they will help your follow through if nothing else.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I do agree also some pellet guns shot as fast as 22 rifles. I like that.
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Jaybm »

Think I'm one of those that wore the replacement out !

I have a pellet rifle I put a .22 rifle scope on. Use it to
scare the squirrels, key word "scare". Now I'll have to
take a pic.

Jim
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
singleshotcajun

Monday my Wife took me to Houston Medical district to see the plastic surgeon and the orthopedic surgeon, two locations three miles apart, all day event. Both gave me good reports as of two weeks out. Off came the full leg brace and I will start therapy Thursday. My therapy really began on Monday when I found myself matriculating a great distance from the roof of a parking garage to Scurlock towers with the use of my walker; we did not know where the valet parking was for this facility. Yesterday was my Wife's first full day back at work and my first full day home alone. I spent most of the day on the phone with insurance, doctors and my employer’s third party medical disability resource company. At about 1500 I took my little half Dachshund half Queensland Heeler outside for her duties. This is not an easy task using a walker. On my patio I found a weird acting raccoon, it was listless but alive and would not move. Miss Sally Pickett of Old Virginia lunged for it, I held her back and went right to the side yard with her during the process she got the retractable leash wrapped on my injured leg, oh what fun. Got the dog back in the house then I took my Wife's Boyd’s gun stocks trekking stick out and poked at the coon , it tried to leave but only made it a few feet toward the back yard. What to do? Can't very well leave it like this, my Wife is due home any minute and since we moved to Texas the love of my live has become civilized and would completely freak if she encountered the raccoon. First let me say I live in a semi rural area and have lots of undeveloped acreage behind my home so air gun shooting is not a problem and if need be I would take a careful accurate shot on a varmint making trouble with a CCI CB long at close range . My patio is concrete and the coon is now up against a brick planter box so no low power CCI CB long from a long barrel .22 too dangerous for ricochet. I go to the vault and get my Walther LGV Master in .22.,one of the three air guns I feel the need to keep locked up $$$. Somehow I make it to the back door on the walker holding the air rifle in my left hand on the walker handle. The Walther has a William’s peep sight and is zeroed for fifty feet so I know I need to hold low as the shot is only twenty feet. I lock open the storm door, load the Walther and take careful aim I hold on its neck while it is facing away, one shot to the back of the head did it. Now I have a dead bandit on the patio. I go into my garage and retrieve a shovel, walker- throw shovel, walker -throw shovel. Now scoop up bandit, throw bandit-throw shovel-walker, repeat process until I am at the back fence. No way can I dig a hole in the shape I am in. There is a big drainage ditch across my fence which I bought and pay taxes on and another thirty feet over the fence which is mine. I threw the bandit as far as I could over the fence and across the ditch; it landed perfectly at the edge my property line in some brush. I still have no idea what was wrong with the raccoon, it showed no signs of rabies. It was an adult and maybe it just came to my patio to die. I learned my lesson many years ago and keep my garbage cans in the garage if not coons raid them. If you got his far thanks for reading my little story/vent. I hope and pray for an uneventful day today.