Made a Mistake

Tell us a bit about yourself!
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Made a Mistake

Post by klr »

My daughter recently wanted to buy her first centerfire rifle. My sons and I reload cast bullets for our .357 revolvers so I recommended that she get a 92 in .357. Never handled one, but from the specs I figured it would be light and easy for her to handle.

Now that I've shot hers, I want one. Can't believe how light and handy it is. Seems like it would be great for deer at short range here in SW Ohio.

So now I'm learning all I can here, saving money, and watching for a sale. ;)
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Made a Mistake

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

You have been infected with the Rossi lever bug. Over the next few days to weeks you will experence sleepness nights, night sweats and a strange attraction to cast bullets and the smell of gunpowder mixed with burnt alox.

The good news is there is no known cure and purchasing additional rifles will only provide limited relief.... :lol:
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeap, Tuco is right! The bug latches on with a bite and will not let go!

Take a look at our pre-buy checklist and just take your time to look the rifle over carefully.

Welcome to the forum!
Michael
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by klr »

Thanks guys. Yep, after I threw that Rossi to my shoulder and racked the action a few times I knew I was in trouble.

Think I'm also going to need to fill a gap in my mold collection between 158 and 200 grains... :lol:
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome, and the levers are addicting.
Be careful unless laws have changed it is still a centerfire rifle. The only way to hunt with centerfire, it has to be a pistol scroll down a bit and you can see the info. I wish it was true maybe someday.
http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/reg ... #equipment
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by klr »

akuser47 wrote:Welcome, and the levers are addicting.
Be careful unless laws have changed it is still a centerfire rifle. The only way to hunt with centerfire, it has to be a pistol scroll down a bit and you can see the info. I wish it was true maybe someday.
Good catch. I wouldn't want anyone to think I was doing something illegal. In my case I'm working with approval of the the State and local game warden to manage deer crop damage.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

klr wrote:
akuser47 wrote:Welcome, and the levers are addicting.
Good catch. I wouldn't want anyone to think I was doing something illegal. In my case I'm working with approval of the the State and local game warden to manage deer crop damage.
I was gonna actaully suggest this as permits can be obtained Glad to hear. I guess you are one of the lucky few around the buckeye that has this privlige. I have had doe permits with a .45LC winchester when I was younger. It was awesome maybe someday it will be alowed without all the paperwork.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!