So what kind of knives you all play and work with?

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: So what kind of knives you all play and work with?

Post by akuser47 »

I forgot they had the recon series fixed blades.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
GERBER USA
For everyday carry and use for years the standard 3 inch + easy out.
Now I am more inclined to have a S30V Military clipped to my waidstband or pocket.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I had been wanting the Fixed Recon Tanto for many years.
Used to see 2nds by the truckload at the Pomona gun show when I first moved out here 20 years ago for about $45 and could get first quality ones from Widener's Reloading supply for maybe $50 or $55 but never got around to it until a few years ago. I think the price tag on it at that time was $80.
Conman

Post by Conman »

I probably have a hundred around the house; stuck in frames on the wall, on shelves of bookcases, in hunting bags, in drawers, etc.

The latest is one Big knife!

Before that was one from the NRA for a donation to the IRL. Nice Buck - made in USA - easy open; I carry it in the door pocket of my car.
A group that I have carried over the years plus one carried by my father-in-law in the Philippines during WWII.
One I had made by BearPaw out in California
AND, my old boy scout knife from about 1951.........it spent most of its life on my dad's workbench in his garage!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Nice knives, I have my ol boy scout pocketknife still. love it. Never had the boy scout fixed blade though.
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Steelbanger »

Here are most of the knives that I use when hunting, hiking. Among the ones not shown are my small filet knife which I have not used in over 10 years.
Top to bottom:
An old Kabar given to me by my late mother-in-law. My official small game knife. My only shiny knife.
Schrade Sharp Finger skinner
Schrade Sharp Finger Drop Point
Gerber folder
Another Gerber, this was a promotional with a leather belt holster and the Leupold Logo. It has been involved in many field dressing exercises
Bottom is an Old Timer, a gift from my son and carried a lot.
My knives.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steelbanger, NRA Life
Annual Member PRPA
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Steelbanger I have 3 of those you have. The two old timers sharpfinger and green folder and gerber folder. I polished my sharpfinger up it looks like it is chromed. made a pvc sheath for an old machette I have. I still need to parcord it and put a couple good carbiner clips on it so then it can be attached to belt or pack. my old boyscout knife and all my other favorites. Not all are expensive. my newest additions to my rotation of blades are a gerber LMF and a shrade sch9 That still need some more profile work on the edge great blade for the money but as reviews state on amazon the grinds are uneven from one side to the other easy fix with some stone work.
better look at the new ones
ugly as sin pvc sheath I need to still paint her as well
in the pvc
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

AK, that is a serious amount of sharp things!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Heck that isn't even all of them this is just the ones I really like. lol I have had the scout knife since I was 9 and my step dad got me into boy sc outs early being an assitant troop leader. The three old timers I have had for a very long time I really cannot remember how long on those. The rest were either gifts or self indulgences. +guns I like knives cause they can go places that alot of my CCW handguns cannot. Heck I was a witness in a trial recently and the court officers nooticed my pocketknife in my pocket when I was testifieing LOL I know the judge thank god but funny how when on the right side of the law a potential felony oops is excused. When I'm on the road I have 3 blades on me two pocket the boxcutter folder for utilty to save the edge of my primary defense blade and then my leatherman wave that is absent in these pics, the one in these is my old gerber multitool. Then on top of blades I always have two handguns. Local cops that now know me think I'm paranoid. :shock: I just like to really be ready for anything :shock: :lol: +corn
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

I have a cardboard box (ream of paper sized) almost full of pocket knives either from gift, father, uncles, great uncles, grandfathers, great grandfathers .... none of them of any high quality, but some possibly getting on the "rare" side. I do have a small collection of useful blades, none of which are the supermallninja type, but all useful in their own way. My work requires the use of machetes, of which we've probably gone through a couple dozen of various types/styles in my 31 years in private business. We also carry utility knives for poking around in the ground under roots and such trying to expose boundary corner stakes the end up under trees. Multi-tools are also required, mainly for the pliers and the wire cutters. We often have to cut through masses of buried wire around corner posts/trees to expose those hidden boundary markers. Also, a couple of "Woodsman's Pal" blades are always handy in the truck - good for taking out the heavier stuff that needs taking out. All of those are what I/we use .... and the older I get, the less I want to even touch them.... work :shock:

I do have the "everyone has them" collection of Buck, Schrade, Gerber, etc. knives, most of which I grab for "kitchen duty" (while the mrs. wants to use 41 year old serrated steak knives from our wedding presents for everything). Added an authentic "Ulu Knife" from Anchorage, Alaska last summer, right from the factory. That is one really interesting facility .... and one heck of a useful tool.And, there's that really cool belt knife my Son brought back from a high school trip to Spain (Toledo steel) in 1993. And.......

Mostly all utility stuff though :D

JD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!