So what kind of knives you all play and work with?

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: So what kind of knives you all play and work with?

Post by akuser47 »

Sorry to hear about your loses at least these were recovered and hopefully they mean the most with your personal history to them and your master. I am in no way a sword expert or swordsman lol I am a hillbilly that likes shiny sharp things :lol: Hope your insurance helps you to recover what you lost in the andrew.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

akuser47 wrote:Sorry to hear about your loses at least these were recovered and hopefully they mean the most with your personal history to them and your master. I am in no way a sword expert or swordsman lol I am a hillbilly that likes shiny sharp things :lol: Hope your insurance helps you to recover what you lost in the andrew.
A long time ago now but thanks any how. Insurance didn't cover a thing on the grounds at they claimed it was all water damage but we hand no flooding at all. FEMA wasn't any help once they showed up a month later, except set the IRS on to me because I lost my income tax records which took 5 years to get straight with them. The only ones that helped at all was Red Cross with cloths and food. These pair of swords and my golf clubs where pretty much all that was saved as my place was literately flattened with it mostly folded on itself with small parts not so. It was another 6 months before power and water was completely restored to Homestead and Florida City which was ground zero. Also 3 weeks before the national guard showed up but FEMA did pay for repairs in other parts that got brushed by the storm and gave one son a low interest loan to fix his home with.
Joe
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Wow, Still has to sting you have a good attitude even after such a tragedy. I am glad you have moved on thanks for sharing.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

akuser47 wrote:Wow, Still has to sting you have a good attitude even after such a tragedy. I am glad you have moved on thanks for sharing.
Well if there is one thing I've learned in my 66 years on this planet, worry about the things you can change and not what you can't. The main secret is knowing how to tell them apart. Beside if all it takes is money to fix it then it really isn't broken. At any rate it had a lot to do with me leaving South Florida where I was born, raised and raised my kids and finally moving to Kentucky. We have 4 seasons here instead of the two in Florida which are summer and hurricane. :D
Joe
scottz

Post by scottz »

My daily carry is a Hogue Elishewitz Folder, but my favorite fixed blades are Bark Rivers and Blackjacks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Well about a week ago I recieved my new Kershaw Cryo I got off amazon. It had good reviews and is also a Hinderer design. I love it so far and hope it holds up so far the blades edge is staying sharp been cutting heater hose and fuel line with it all week. I love it and will be buying a ZT 350 soon because of this purchase! retired my first gen. cold steel recon tanto folder and never thought I'd do that. A $30 dollar knife from china it is a value I even dawned one of my expensive Ojiime beads on the lanyard I made for this one.
ImageImagehttp://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_ ... aps%2C1509
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Good morning
Carry a Gerber. Lat ten years (maybe more) the Gerber Easy Out 450 series. Right now on the clip in my right front waistband is the half serated that will be with me all day. Other days the non-serrated skeleton blade model.
When I head out to the desert a Gerber Multi-tool in the black pouch rides along.
Last time down here and all the time in ILLinois past summer carried a Armor Crewman Gerber with the SV Steel blade. That metal holds a better edge longer. Got it from a Iraq return Armor trooper. That is what I will carry whenever up north there.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
Deleted User 547

Post by Deleted User 547 »

A bunch for me. Lately I've been throwing this in my pocket along with my leatherman juice s2.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370061835.291124.jpg
Love this little knife. It's a benchmade mini griptilian. At 2.5 ounces I forget it's there. Every once in a while I grab something else from the drawer, but I'm an insurance man not a rancher or something where I need a heavy duty knife. So for my needs it's perfect. I never thought I'd say that about a knife.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Nice I have always like pardue designs.
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Rooster59 »

Hiking in the woods with my dogs an "experienced" 6" civilian version of the KaBar that my dad bought when he was a kid. In my hunting pack a 5" folding Buck skinner with gut hook. Anytime else it's a Victorinox multitool in nylon case for protection from the abuse it gets hanging on my substantial mid section.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver