Lever gunner from West GA

Tell us a bit about yourself!
jdrslyr75

Lever gunner from West GA

Post by jdrslyr75 »

Just wanted to introduce myself a bit. I currently own 3 lever guns, none of which are Rossi (1 Winchester 1894, 1 Marlin 336, and 1 Iver Johnson .22 LR). I do plan to purchase at least 1 Rossi M 92 and 1 Rossi Rio Grande in 45-70 and that is what lead me to this board. I like reading posts from real people who understand that not everybody's gun budget allows for $1000 firearm purchases. I also like that while this board is definitely pro Rossi, you guys aren't scared to tell the sometimes ugly truth about Rossi's suspect quality control and customer service. Keep up the good work fellas!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lever gunner from West GA

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome! For sure, no one sipping the Kool Aid here!

Despite the areas that members find fault with, the Rossi product line is a great value for those that are not afraid to get a little grit under their fingernails. Rossi could learn some lessons as well with a little reading on these pages as to what their customers are experiencing.

You fellows from Georgia seem to like the 45-70, and there are plenty of reasons that I can see as well!
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote: Despite the areas that members find fault with, the Rossi product line is a great value for those that are not afraid to get a little grit under their fingernails.
+1
The best in-a-nutshell precis of "the Rossi situation" on the whole board. :mrgreen:

For about 4 hours of work I got 3 of the finest rifles I've ever owned. I'm still amazed at how slick cycling & accurate they are. Another member of my shooting club has a Browning B92 in 44 Mag. My Rossi 92/44 Mag outshot the Browning B92 so bad at the range I felt embarassed for my friend at the end of the informal match. I fired both guns and the Rossi was noticeably more accurate at all ranges with factory ammo. :D
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by ironhead7544 »

Welcome from Bainbridge.
dos0711

Post by dos0711 »

Welcome! Jump right in the water is fine! +guns