new model 92 questions

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.

new model 92 questions

Postby twoshotc » 12 Nov 2013 22

I just got my model 92 in .357. I cleaned it up as suggested here and shot a few rounds in 38 and 357. the 38s loaded smoothly but the 357s also worked. I was relieved that it would chamber my reloads in 158 gr. 357mag. About everything I have read here seemed to be true with the new rifle. I got my finger bleeding trying to get the bullets into the mag. The brass shot over my head with I chambered a new round. Nothing unexpected since I had read most of the post on this forum.
I will start the process of improving the 92 as suggested here. I would like to start by cutting down the length of the magazine spring. I could only get about seven rounds in the magazine before it became difficult. It is a twenty inch barrel. What are your suggestions as to how much to cut off the spring?
I will continue to get advice here and look forward to getting the Rossi model 92 to be slick and dependable.
thanks
charles
twoshotc

My Rossi Choice: M92

Interested in this topic?

This topic has 21 replies

You must be a registered member and/or logged in to view this response.

Register or Login

Return to 92