puma service

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: puma service

Post by Ranch Dog »

twobitokie wrote:THANKS FOR THE HELP RANCH DOG
You're welcome, glad it worked!
Michael
Jeff H
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Jeff H »

pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

twobitokie wrote:Just got of of the phone with nate jones. Tauras is not supportilng the older rossis.
I aint a happy camper right now.
Don't blame you !

Looks like Taurus/Rossi/Braztech wriggled out of a lot of product support & warranty responsibility by abandoning the old Pumas that were made in the same factory as the currently manufactured guns.........pretty shabby ! :x

Who gets thrown under the bus after the next company name shuffle? :evil:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
twobitokie
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by twobitokie »

OKK, got my three screws today. ya know the tang bolt, mid band screw and front band screw, blue. riiiiiight. the front band screw was right. Buuutttt, no tang screw, and 2 count em 2 middle band screws. stainless.

called braztec, we compared pn shipped vs ordered. not even close. then looked agin and the digits were the same, just not in the correct order. Tang screw backorder to god knows when.

Mike at the customer service was very polite and did his best to help. the out come is he is sending two new blue screws, and I am on the list for a tang screw when they come in.

more when they come in.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

twobitokie wrote:
mods sorry about the word screws, I should heve used bolts. stock bolt, middle band bolt, and front band bolt.
The profane language filter on this board I found to be a little shall we say "Presbyterian" :D & has prevented me from posting a couple of very ordinary, seemingly bland words from time to time. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:The profane language filter on this board I found to be a little shall we say "Presbyterian" :D & has prevented me from posting a couple of very ordinary, seemingly bland words from time to time. :mrgreen:
Yeah, the filter comes with the every word you can imagine. As I see them I delete them. I think there is about 1000 words in that dictionary but most use use special characters with a couple of letters which in php covers a wide range of uses such as "jerk*". So, I go in and edit the dictionary so that you could use jerk like in "jerk the trigger" but not "%@*&$". Please, you can always "Report the Post" and I will look at it and figure it out. Heck, working on this I've learned a lot of new words!
Michael
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Good morning
This is good info to know. Have an old Interarms 45 Colt and then a pre- safty Rossi 45 Colt. Just never know if something will wear out or ya loose a small part. Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Missionary wrote:Good morning
This is good info to know. Have an old Interarms 45 Colt and then a pre- safty Rossi 45 Colt. Just never know if something will wear out or ya loose a small part. Mike in Peru
I don't think the Rossi rifles have changed much since the old Interarms (now LSI - more or less) days except anecdotal sources tell me that the CNC machining revolution came to the Rossi factory around 2000 resulting in rifles of better quality.
I expect that the parts of the old Interarms .45 LC would be interchangeable with your newer Rossi 92 in the same caliber.
After the Taurus acquisition the new company Braztech apparently has declined to support the pre-Taurus takeover Rossis and apparently require a serial number from a current Braztech R92 before they will process parts orders even though the parts are likely interchangeable with the Amadeo Rossi SA rifles.
A quick perusal of a gun shop should provide sufficient R92 serial numbers for parts ordering purposes since they (Bractech) are not asking for proof of ownership just serial numbers.
2 or 3 "Hail Marys" should cover over the little white lie if you have to use the procured serial numbers to actually order parts. :D
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
twobitokie
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by twobitokie »

UPDATE when I ordered parts in march, I was able to get the two barrel band screws but the stock bolt was out of stock.

Guess what, the stock bolt arrived last Friday. Rossi did not forget me.
RCG

Post by RCG »

twobitokie wrote: I will not go into the sad stupid story as to why I need to replace them.
Even if we say "please"?