Serial number- age range?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.

Serial number- age range?

Postby kokopelli » 18 May 2013 11

Anyone have a source for a serial number lookup on an Amedeo Rossi 92?
User avatar
kokopelli
 
Posts: 69
Joined: 06 May 2013
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 6 times
My Rossi Choice: M92
Location: Kentucky

Re: Serial number- age range?

Postby pricedo » 18 May 2013 12

kokopelli wrote:Anyone have a source for a serial number lookup on an Amedeo Rossi 92?


The serial number/manufacture date records of the Amadeo M92s are probably in the Amadeo archives which I presume are now in Taurus/Braztech custody.
The new company has as far as I know disavowed any kind of responsibility or accountability for guns made prior to the take over so even if they have the records they're going to play dumb.
To admit having records of the old guns would run contrary to the above stated position and would be a statement against interest.
You can ask but I'll bet that you get a put-off like "Sorry, we no longer have the old Amadeo gun records".
If you find a source post it........I have 3 x Amadeo M92s.

* Has anyone compared the serials of late made Amadeo M92s to those of early made Braztech R92s for evidence of continuity. Did the serial numbers continue on in sequence or did Braztech start anew? :?:
What does Brazilian and US law stipulate with regards to keeping records of serial numbers and ensuring the uniqueness of serial numbers for manufactured or imported guns of the same make and model in regards to the manufacturers responsibility to ascertain identical serial numbers aren't assigned to 2 or more identical guns?
We know that Braztech is keeping records of the guns manufactured since the takeover..........in fact we can look them up on line.
I'll bet a dollar to a stale donut that Braztech has the information in relation to the old Amadeo 92s but I doubt if you'll get them to admit it let alone disclose specifics.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
User avatar
pricedo
Founding Member
Founding Member
 
Posts: 2515
Joined: 31 Jan 2012
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 220 times
My Rossi Choice: M92
Location: Dual Citizen (United States & Canada)

Re: Serial number- age range?

Postby kokopelli » 18 May 2013 13

Maybe those with the Amadeo's can post up serial numbers if they know when it was made?

One I found used is a pre-safety model 'Amedeoa Rossi' stainless serial number SS042029. I'm just wondering if it's post 200 when they improved manufacturing...
User avatar
kokopelli
 
Posts: 69
Joined: 06 May 2013
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 6 times
My Rossi Choice: M92
Location: Kentucky

Re: Serial number- age range?

Postby pricedo » 18 May 2013 13

kokopelli wrote:Maybe those with the Amadeo's can post up serial numbers if they know when it was made?

One I found used is a pre-safety model 'Amedeoa Rossi' stainless serial number SS042029. I'm just wondering if it's post 200 when they improved manufacturing...


My 3 Amadeos (357, 44, 454) are all pre-safety M92s and don't have the bolt safeties.
I'm a paranoid old fart & among the things I NEVER post on the internet are the serial numbers of my guns.........sorry.
In the Obama administration paranoia has unfortunately become a necessary survival skill for gun owners and I was plenty paranoid even before the federal, state & Bloomberg sponsored anti-gun pogroms started in earnest in America.
Sometime in the early 2000s Amadeo Rossi retooled their Brazil factory to a modern CNC based manufacturing process.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
User avatar
pricedo
Founding Member
Founding Member
 
Posts: 2515
Joined: 31 Jan 2012
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 220 times
My Rossi Choice: M92
Location: Dual Citizen (United States & Canada)

Re: Serial number- age range?

Postby kokopelli » 18 May 2013 14

pricedo wrote:
kokopelli wrote:Maybe those with the Amadeo's can post up serial numbers if they know when it was made?

One I found used is a pre-safety model 'Amedeoa Rossi' stainless serial number SS042029. I'm just wondering if it's post 200 when they improved manufacturing...


My 3 Amadeos (357, 44, 454) are all pre-safety M92s and don't have the bolt safeties.
I'm a paranoid old fart & among the things I NEVER post on the internet are the serial numbers of my guns.........sorry.
In the Obama administration paranoia has unfortunately become a necessary survival skill for gun owners and I was plenty paranoid even before the federal, state & Bloomberg sponsored anti-gun pogroms started in earnest in America.
Sometime in the early 2000s Amadeo Rossi retooled their Brazil factory to a modern CNC based manufacturing process.


The number I posted is a few off of the actual one...you're not the only one paranoid!
What is the vague 'range' of the numbers? ...and do you know their age for sure?
User avatar
kokopelli
 
Posts: 69
Joined: 06 May 2013
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 6 times
My Rossi Choice: M92
Location: Kentucky

Re: Serial number- age range?

Postby kokopelli » 18 May 2013 17

...this one has the front sight as part of the barrel band- does that narrow down it's age any?
User avatar
kokopelli
 
Posts: 69
Joined: 06 May 2013
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 6 times
My Rossi Choice: M92
Location: Kentucky

Re: Serial number- age range?

Postby pricedo » 18 May 2013 18

kokopelli wrote:...this one has the front sight as part of the barrel band- does that narrow down it's age any?


As does my Amadeo Rossi M92/357 (16" bbl).
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
User avatar
pricedo
Founding Member
Founding Member
 
Posts: 2515
Joined: 31 Jan 2012
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 220 times
My Rossi Choice: M92
Location: Dual Citizen (United States & Canada)

Re: Serial number- age range?

Postby 44-40 Willy » 18 May 2013 18

Probably a different Rossi serial number range, but my Navy Arms 1892 serial starts with NA and is in the low 500s. Bought it new in late summer of '99. The current Rossi crowd doesn't even want to talk about a Navy Arms 1892 that the old A. Rossi company made. And Navy Arms is pretty much out of business these days.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR
User avatar
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member
 
Posts: 283
Joined: 19 Apr 2012
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 39 times
My Rossi Choice: M92
Location: NW Tennessee


Return to 92

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest