I had a chance to feel what really slick R92 feels like

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: I had a chance to feel what really slick R92 feels like

Post by akuser47 »

Oh yea now time to start shooting them there guns +guns Glad they are breakin in for you guys.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pacificpt

Post by pacificpt »

Just got my 44 Mag Rossi 92 in stainless 20" barrel from Jim Peobles, Casa Verde Guns, AKA Johnny Meadows, in AZ. Very slick action, nice shooting. Several who have tried the action including my local gunsmith were impressed.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

pacificpt wrote:Just got my 44 Mag Rossi 92 in stainless 20" barrel from Jim Peobles, Casa Verde Guns, AKA Johnny Meadows, in AZ. Very slick action, nice shooting. Several who have tried the action including my local gunsmith were impressed.
sorry brother, you have to post a picture or it didn't happen :D +guns
pacificpt

Post by pacificpt »

Will try to get my camera out tomorrow. Only have put 50 rounds through the rifle, hard to get ammo....
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

One 92 looks pretty much like another in a photo and unless it's in the hands of John Wayne, Chuck Connors, Steve McQueen or Dan Blocker you wasted a flash bulb. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

pricedo wrote:One 92 looks pretty much like another in a photo and unless it's in the hands of John Wayne, Chuck Connors, Steve McQueen or Dan Blocker you wasted a flash bulb. :mrgreen:
I guess I have better eye sight then you...............post up them pictures

I don't recall any pictures of your guns....Hmmm, maybe it never happened +zzz
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

This is my 92. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My 92 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. :lol:

Slightly modified beginning of the riflemans creed and also not complete for the reason of not being needed in this case. Show them if you like to we all like to see the toys and your mods as well.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

In many cases all the hard work we do to tune-up our 92s to be slick & accurate is on the inside.
For a well tuned 92 the real beauty is mostly under the skin.
My 3 x 92s cycle & shoot well but look like many others you'd see in the field or on the range.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

pricedo wrote:One 92 looks pretty much like another in a photo and unless it's in the hands of John Wayne, Chuck Connors, Steve McQueen or Dan Blocker you wasted a flash bulb. :mrgreen:

I call this "Night and Day"

I need to do a "pricedo job" on the 44. The .357 works just fine but its time to dig into these guns. I'm been slacking on this.

pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Every time I take delivery of a new Rossi rifle in I can hear in my mind the theme song to the old "Ben Casey" show of the 1960s where they're wheeling the patient into the emergency OR.
I'll bet that not many of you can remember that one. +corn
I'd like to get a Braztech Rossi to see what they're all about..........my Rossis are all Amadeos.
Are there more problems with the guns nowadays or is it because the internet is bringing the problems that already existed to light :?:

** Incidental note: Here's a pic of my latest acquisition which is a real deal New Haven Winchester Yellow Boy Indian Head Commemorative 1894 in mint (unfired) condition I picked up from an estate probate sale for $550. It's NIB stiff as the action hadn't been worked much and the 94 action is not as fluid as the 92 action cause more stuff has to move to load & eject. Extra moving parts in the 94 linkage naturally result in a bit more friction.
I posted a pic of this gun cause it DOES STAND OUT IN THE CROWD.......it's even prettier in hand.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA