New out of the box

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: New out of the box

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Jaybm wrote:Looks good Doc, now go try it out and report back.

Oh, yeah, want to see the target too !

Jim

PS: Now I'm lusting for a SS but not a .44 +guns

Well Jim, i didnt make it to the range, but if i had this would have been my report:

Went to the range today to test out the 44 and the new pad installed. Turns out, it makes the recoil feel like shooting my mag fed .22 semi auto in simular length. The POA and POI was no difference either. After a hundred or so rounds in the target with only showing one hole I thought heck this is two easy. So i stepped up my game and started to do some trick shooting, first holding the rifle over my head, then backwards through my legs, then backwards one handed over my shoulder! Again, the POI never changed, one nice hole in the bullseye. So many rounds went through that hole i think i noticed burning of the paper. This saved a few dollars on targets as i was able to move the same one all day from the 25,50,100,150,200,250 & 300 yard placements. As you can imagine, i was starting to gather a number of onlookers, no longer interested with there own shooting. One gentleman asked how i was doing this. Being the modest fellow that i am, i claimed it was this new recoil pad i made. He asked me a few more questions then excused himself. Returning, he had some friends with him, asked if i had patented this pad yet. Replying that i had not, he began to tell me that they were a bunch of offials from the government down here for a meeting. They covered the patent office, chamber of commerence, SBA and Veterans Affairs. They said they could push through all the red tape and have this on the market in a week. I said great but who is going to market it and sell it? Well it turns out another group of gentleman were standing close by listening to this conversation. They hapened to be in town for a corporate meeting combining the likes of Cabellas, Dicks, Midway, and a number of other sporting goods stores. They huddled for a minute and said they would buy the patent for 6.5 million, and give me lifetime residuals of 10% sales, i asked for 20%, they said ok. So, it looks like Montana, here i come!!! Ye Ha!
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Jaybm »

:roll: Doc, I think that tale might qualify as a WHOPPER !

Now if you could work a fish in there somehow it would be truly a FISH STORY !

:D :D :D
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Jaybm wrote::roll: Doc, I think that tale might qualify as a WHOPPER !

Now if you could work a fish in there somehow it would be truly a FISH STORY !

:D :D :D

Oh, i forgot to mention....i had ten ricochets passing over the berm into a neighboring catfish pond resulting in ten head shots of 20 pounders.....im having a fish fry tonight, your welcome to come up and have some!
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

I don't know about the rest of you cynical guys, but I believe every word of it. Keep the fish grease hot, Doc, it's a 17+ hour drive for me just to get to Charlotte ...

jd

p.s. I think Doc and I both shoot some of the best one hole groups you ever saw!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Moon Tree »

mr surveyor wrote:I don't know about the rest of you cynical guys, but I believe every word of it. Keep the fish grease hot, Doc, it's a 17+ hour drive for me just to get to Charlotte ...

jd

p.s. I think Doc and I both shoot some of the best one hole groups you ever saw!
Is that "ever saw" or NEVER saw, jd? :P
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

Moon Tree wrote:
mr surveyor wrote:I don't know about the rest of you cynical guys, but I believe every word of it. Keep the fish grease hot, Doc, it's a 17+ hour drive for me just to get to Charlotte ...

jd

Is that "ever saw" or NEVER saw, jd? :P

....uuuhhhh....yes....?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

I bet Doc would agree ..... we can take three rounds to the range and shoot three of the best one hole groups you ever saw :lol:

jd
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

mr surveyor wrote:I bet Doc would agree ..... we can take three rounds to the range and shoot three of the best one hole groups you ever saw :lol:

jd
JD, you took the words right out of my mouth, but statistically speaking, i have found and you probably too, then when i take five rounds to the range i shoot five of the best one hole groups you ever saw. Funny, statistically how it works out that way! We may have to start a new thread "Statistically Speaking".
Dave M
--//--
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Jaybm »

I suspect the new thread would be " Tall Tales " !

Did I share the story about this guy bragging about his fine shooting ?
When questioned about the bullet holes being octagon shaped instead
of round his answer was that his rifle had an octagon barrel !!!

+guns
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Jaybm wrote:I suspect the new thread would be " Tall Tales " !

Did I share the story about this guy bragging about his fine shooting ?
When questioned about the bullet holes being octagon shaped instead
of round his answer was that his rifle had an octagon barrel !!!

+guns
Fell out of the chair with that one! :)
Dave M
--//--
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C