Hello From Indiana

Tell us a bit about yourself!
HoosierQ

Hello From Indiana

Post by HoosierQ »

I am new here because the Model 92 in .357 is of great interest to me. I have a Smith and Wesson 627 and thus a lot of ammo. I love lever action rifles but I am not a big fan of the 30-30 for what I want to do which is plink a little, control varmits quite a bit less, and just have an all around handy rifle (no pun intended) that packs a little more punch than a .22 or even a 9mm. What could be better than a clone of the Winchester Model 92!

Rossi love and hate are there to be had, both in abundance, on the intranet...about equal. That tells me something. I am not going to spend $1500 on a Uberti or a Miroku Winchester that I will probably shoot maybe 3 times a year...6 or 7 in a good summer. (I'd shoot more if I lived in the country but I don't...grew up there though).

So I am here to learn about this rifle. Seems almost too good to be true and from what I read, they need some attention to get running right. I am ok with that 100% if that's acheivable.

Thanks for having me.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello From Indiana

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for signing up! I personally think you will not be disappointed. My R92s have taken little to no work but but I'm the kind of fellow that likes to see how something works so I've been through them, just like I have any firearm I've owned, and have been extremely pleased with their performance in return.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome!
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Nodnarb

Post by Nodnarb »

Welcome to the forum. You will find like I did that this site is loaded with info and great people!