Range time

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Jpprescott

Range time

Post by Jpprescott »

Took my new 92 in 45Colt, and my 15yr old son to the range today. Reading all the threads here
gave me the courage to disassemble and clean it up after I got it.
The rifle works great! Fed my 270gr. Keith handloads beautifully, and the sights adjusted dead on at 25yds one step up on the elevator from the bottom. I'm not the greatest rifle shot, but it would easily hold 2in. groups even with ME behind it...

Accurate, reliable, hard hitting... IM HOOKED! I REALLY like this carbine! +guns

J.Prescott
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Range time

Post by Arktikos »

Welcome and congrats on your new gun! These Rossi 92's are pretty nice after a good clean and polish, and can't be beat for the money.. I plan on at least a couple more!
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Arktikos wrote:Welcome and congrats on your new gun! These Rossi 92's are pretty nice after a good clean and polish, and can't be beat for the money.. I plan on at least a couple more!
Closest you'll get to a blueprint JMB 92 for less than $2000.
The Japanese Miroku 92s aren't JMB design.
JMB 92s don't have rebounding hammers & tang safeties.
If the Winchester lawyers like all that nanny knows best safety junk so much as far as I'm concerned they can buy the new Japchesters cause I wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole for the money they're asking.
The only departure with the Braztech Rossi 92s from the JMB blueprint is the inconspicuous "pigtail" safety on the bolt......NO BIG DEAL ! :mrgreen:
If you're lucky enough to find one of the pre-Braztech "Amadeo" Rossi 92s it won't have the pigtail safety ........a true JMB 92 clone.
Have 3 x Amadeo Rossi 92s and love em.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum!
Jpprescott wrote:Reading all the threads here gave me the courage to disassemble and clean it up after I got it.
I really appreciate your statement, my desires for this forum have been realized!
Jpprescott wrote:Accurate, reliable, hard hitting... IM HOOKED! I REALLY like this carbine! +guns
Hee, hee... That is the trouble with finally realizing the truth about these rifles, they are really good... and addictive!
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

A little bit of cleaning, maybe a few rubs with a file or stone & a few drops of oil, slop on a bit of Tru-Oil & buff and you got yourself a real nice looking & shooting gun for less than $500........what's not to like? :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Jpprescott

Post by Jpprescott »

Think I may need a few more for the kids.... 8-)
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

Yes, do it for the children! (it works for politicians anyway :mrgreen: )
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR