Poly Tuffy Survival

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
Deleted User 5571

Poly Tuffy Survival

Post by Deleted User 5571 »

Just saw the new Rossi survival, .45 Colt / .410. I think I want one to leave in the box on my fourwheeler.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Poly Tuffy Survival

Post by Gunny268 »

Reminds me of the old "Snake Charmer" from back in '79.
Deleted User 5571

Post by Deleted User 5571 »

From what I've read this one has a rifled barrel, in .45 it might be accurate enough to use, might not be. For some reason I'd like to give one a try.
Jeff H
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Jeff H »

I keep watching and waiting for Rossi to make a single-shot in 357 Mag again, but am not seeing it.

I watch the 92 lever prices and it seems the 357s always carry a slight premium in price over the other calibers and if anything ever IS in stock, it's always the other calibers, so 357 seems pretty popular.

I have nothing against the 45 Colt - I love the old beast, but my main/most-used is the 357 Mag in both rifle and revolver these days. Small pistol and rifle primers are available, but large aren't much more than a myth these days, so...

This is a really neat little gun and I'd buy one in a minute. I had a Handi/AAC BLackout rebored to 357 Mag and it was the perfect little 357 Mag carbine. This ROssi would be the berries so-chambered. I think I could almost like it a little more than the Handi. I'm currently using a Contender Carbine, which I really like, but I have a soft spot for "cheap guns" and would just love to have one of these in 357.

I missed this one, so thanks for posting it!
Pacificflyer51

Post by Pacificflyer51 »

I have a Tuffy on order, pick it up next week. It's the 410 18 inch smoothbore version. It will be put to use on our cattle ranch to eradicate a colony of eastern brown snakes around the homestead area - eastern browns are the 2nd deadliest in the world and aggressive little fellas, so the're not very welcome. Here in Australia we also have the 1st deadliest, the inland taipan, but thankfully not found in our district. I hear the Tuffy 410 will also accept 45LC but I don't know if that would be much use in a smoothbore. Will 45LC work short range (<50 feet) or will they just tumble without any spin ??
Pacificflyer51

Post by Pacificflyer51 »

Picked up my Rossi Tuffy 410 yesterday. Very impressed with it. The Tuffy would make an ideal lightweight and durable survival firearm.
fayettefatts

Post by fayettefatts »

What is the choke on the 410?
Pacificflyer51

Post by Pacificflyer51 »

The Tuffy has an 18 inch barrel, modified choke, chambered for 3 inch shotshells. A very practical little firearm.