Marlin & Henry

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
dalek

Marlin & Henry

Post by dalek »

Left is Marlin 336, right the Henry (never mind the filename; brain fart). As many said, it looks like the same system.
Rossi_Marlin_01-sm.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Marlin & Henry

Post by Mad Trapper »

If I had to choose one, I would take the Henry, especially if their both new.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Mad Trapper wrote:If I had to choose one, I would take the Henry, especially if their both new.
No question. I'm such a JM snob I won't buy a JM built after about 1998 unless it's a flip. They started going downhill before the sale to Remington. I'm no Henry fan but it's an easy choice to me.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

From what I've read they DID start going downhill before the sale to Remington.
At least one gunrag article indicates that the tooling Remington received with the sale was up to or possibly greater than 100 years old. That the prints used to produce the rifles were REDLINED multiple times to match the tooling tolerances instead of the tooling being maintained and/or updated. As a result once Remington figured out what they actually bought they had to both retool AND reblueprint the articles one by one. It was claimed they could not in some model cases find a 'clean' and unaltered print.

That is still no excuse for sending out guns that weren't right then and it is REALLY no excuse for sending out guns that aren't right NOW but I'll give them a partial pass on the first one if they can get them right at this point.
My NewYawk 1895 seems ok.