another new memeber here with a NIB .357

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: another new memeber here with a NIB .357

Post by ironhead7544 »

golfish wrote:
pricedo wrote:Let us know how that Henry works out.
So my son and I took out the new Henry and the "back from the factory Rossi" today. The Rossi is still a little rough but it cycled all the .38sp and .357 rounds I threw at it. If I tighten the screws on the receiver it levers rough. I really don't want to use loctite on it right now. I'm thinking I might buy carbine soon and use that as my learning gun.

The Henry is a sweet gun. I was hitting golfball size groups at 50 yards working the action as fast as I could. The action is like "budda" and it never missed a beat. These are great guns.

Try backing off the bolt pin screw. It is the one opposite the hole in the right side of the receiver. Mine was too long and was dragging on the bolt. I only had to back it off 1/4 turn for the action to run free.

You should try reloading. The 38/357 is cheap to load for, maybe the cheapest centerfire round. If you could put that kit bike together, reloading will be no problem. Cast bullets in 1000 bullet lots can be had and will provide a lot of shooting fun.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: another new memeber here with a NIB .357

Post by golfish »

ironhead7544 wrote:
Try backing off the bolt pin screw. It is the one opposite the hole in the right side of the receiver. Mine was too long and was dragging on the bolt. I only had to back it off 1/4 turn for the action to run free.

You should try reloading. The 38/357 is cheap to load for, maybe the cheapest centerfire round. If you could put that kit bike together, reloading will be no problem. Cast bullets in 1000 bullet lots can be had and will provide a lot of shooting fun.
Thanks for the info...

I might try reloading in the future. I just don't have the room to do it now. I have been saving all my brass though..