Brand New Rio Grande - Rear Stock Broken

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Brand New Rio Grande - Rear Stock Broken

Post by akuser47 »

I would much rather have a roughly finished slightly oversized stock with any of these rifles as it would let me sand and fit the gun the right way. Beens I refinish almost all wood stocks I get anyways. glad you finally have her let us know how she shoots.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

stuberr wrote:Received the RG today with replacement stock..took almost 3 months..first look..it's a rough fit and not as near as nice as the original. But this I can shoot!

I'll send pics if anyone wants them...maybe some range time this weekend if I'm lucky...

rich
I've got to admit that's pretty fantastic customer service and follow up by Braztech/Rossi ...........they couldn't even get it right after 3 months. :roll:
That's why unless the gun is a total disaster like if the barrel is so crooked it's pointing at me when I shoulder the gun I fix it myself. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

3 months doesn't seem that bad too me, but being located in Alaska I am used to things taking longer. It's been bread into me from childhood watching the Christmas shows on tv in mid January when I was growing up. :roll: I hope that eventually this episode of rossi at its worst will fade from memory and be replaced by great memories of successful hunts yet to be!
Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Arktikos wrote:3 months doesn't seem that bad too me, but being located in Alaska I am used to things taking longer.
That is a good attitude to carry through life for sure.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Arktikos wrote:3 months doesn't seem that bad too me, but being located in Alaska I am used to things taking longer.
It's frankly an outrageous length of time to wait for a botched repair job but it's you Braztech has to satisfy & not me.
If you're happy with the gun that's fantastic. :D
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

pricedo wrote:
It's frankly an outrageous length of time to wait for a botched repair job but it's you Braztech has to satisfy & not me.

Well it isn't great, but not that bad when compared to some of the Remlin stories I've heard of guns going back (Just to this continent) two or more times and 6 months before some sort of resolution, and then sometimes only with a refund. I for one hate sending anything back and dealing and sometimes haggling with customer service. If I can find a way to rectify the problem myself that is what i do with anything. I would especially be this way with Rossi because I know that I am paying substantially less for it going in. Returns are a last resort. It seems like the days of 100% satisfaction are gone when it comes to guns anyhow. I suppose I am mentally preparing for this myself when I do finally get to buying my first Rossi hopefully sometime next year because most likely I will have to roll the dice and order it sight unseen. .

pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Arktikos wrote:
pricedo wrote:

Well it isn't great, but not that bad when compared to some of the Remlin stories I've heard of guns going back (Just to this continent) two or more times and 6 months before some sort of resolution, and then sometimes only with a refund. I for one hate sending anything back and dealing and sometimes haggling with customer service. If I can find a way to rectify the problem myself that is what i do with anything. I would especially be this way with Rossi because I know that I am paying substantially less for it going in. Returns are a last resort. It seems like the days of 100% satisfaction are gone when it comes to guns anyhow. I suppose I am mentally preparing for this myself when I do finally get to buying my first Rossi hopefully sometime next year because most likely I will have to roll the dice and order it sight unseen. .

I am paying substantially less for it going in VS I will have to roll the dice and order it sight unseen. .

This is essentially the trade off.......you get whatcha pay for.
I am a compulsive tinkerer and have no problem paying 1/4 to 1/3 the price of a "blue chip" brand or custom gun and forfeiting the 100% expectation of a top quality working product NIB.
Buying guns off the rack where I can inspect & handle them before purchase and being able and willing to fix problems partially offsets the difference in QC & CS inherent in the much lower price tag.
Not wearing "rose colored glasses" and being fully aware, cautious & vigilant at all times to reduce the odds of getting stuck with a "lemon" gun has worked out well for me in the form of 3 fine rifles after the work bench dust cleared.
All the above spoken truths are self evident & I keep my eyes open & remain fully cognizant of them going in to a purchase transaction.
As I said before.....it is what it is.
Facing the truth head on & grabbing it by the horns has made my Rossi experience a very positive one.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

If you are not able to find a Rossi on the shelf, I think the best thing is to buy it from a Davidson's (Gallery of Guns) dealer. If there is an issue, it will be dealt with.
Michael
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

Ranch Dog wrote:If you are not able to find a Rossi on the shelf, I think the best thing is to buy it from a Davidson's (Gallery of Guns) dealer. If there is an issue, it will be dealt with.
I have ordered through them before and the process was very easy and probably got a better deal than I could have got here. The only thing about them is most every gun I look up that I am interested in is out of stock. :( It is good to have them watching your back and not washing their hands of you when something does go wrong.
stuberr

Post by stuberr »

Guys,

Why did Rossi take my lever off when the rear stock was the only problem? The Rossi repair person boogered up the screw real nice!

Don't their workers have a clue? Hollow ground screwdrivers please!!!!!

Amazing.................

Rich