R92 Rear Sight Replacement Rail

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
LeicesterChris

R92 Rear Sight Replacement Rail

Post by LeicesterChris »

Hi everyone

Ive recently bought an R92 and am loving it! Ive noticed the rear buckhorn sight is removable and was wondering if anyone knew of a replacement 11mm scope rail which can then be used to mount a standard scope? I would rather fit it myself and dont really want to have to tap the barrel for screw threads if possible.

Ive attached a pic, my rifle has the round barrel. The pic with the octagonal from the Rossi importers here in the UK, they sent it to help me remove the rear sight. It attaches via a dovetail.

Thanks for your help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: R92 Rear Sight Replacement Rail

Post by Ranch Dog »

As far as I've been able to find, nothing. The Rossi 62s have a dovetail slight available but it extends to far back. There are two side mounts available; a B Square and a Sun Optics but both are unsatisfactory. One of the issues with a dovetail only mount is that the lightweight 92 experiences quite a bit of recoil energies, any way you want to measure it. You are going to need more than the dovetail to secure it.
Michael