Hello from Argentina!

Tell us a bit about yourself!
wargunn

Hello from Argentina!

Post by wargunn »

I am from Buenos Aires, and have been reading this forum for at least 2 years now, It has been an incredible source of info about leverguns in general and Rossi´s in particular, that made me a new Rossi M92 owner!

Thanks!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Argentina!

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum! Tell us a bit about shooting and hunting in your country please!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome, an keep us posted.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
wargunn

Post by wargunn »

Thank you for your kind welcome!

Regarding hunting in Argentina, well most of the autoctonous species are protected but almost all european species introduced are fair game, as Argentina is geographically speaking a "long country", you have a lot of climates ranging from extreme heat to extreme cold, desert - wetlands - prairie - mountain - jungle - woods species, some you can hunt are:

Deer: Axis Axis (Axis deer), Cervicapra (blackbuck), Cervus Dama (Fallow deer), Cervus Elaphus (Red deer)
Bubalus Bubalis (Water Buffalo)
Sus Scrofa (Wild Boar), Pecari (javelina)
Puma (Mountain lion)
Grey Fox
Guanaco (lama)
Carpincho (Capybara)
Vizcacha (hugue chinchilla)
Armadillo
European Rabbit / Hare
Beaver
Ducks, geese, doves, quails, pheasant

Regarding shooting it has become extremely expensive in the last years, the government body that regulates weapons ownership is more preocupied into disarming people than regulating it, you have to pay more than 30 dollars for each weapon you buy, they give you an ammo card that has 10 lines that the gunstore completes each time you buy ammo and the card only allows for a total of 1000 rounds, so if you buy 10 times 50 round boxes you have to buy another card because you don´t have more lines to put it and you technically still have 500 more rounds, but they don´t transfer from card to card....you get the message!.

If you reload, what most hard shooters do because the cost of ammo is prohibitive (hornady 308 sst 150gr 20 round box USD 55.-), the reloading machine has to be serialized, you have to pay more than USD 50 to register it, every die has to be registered, you have to buy components card to buy brass, powder and bullets, and you can only buy bullets and brass for the calibers of the dies you have registered, so if a friend lends you a die you cannot buy the components....K.ching! your wallet runs dry!

I almost forgot!...the cost of the guns here almost always double or triple the cost you pay in the U.S. , I paid USD 1.350 for a Glock 34, and it was a good deal! :shock:

But we keep shooting! +guns

And Brazil has more problems than us!!! they cannot buy guns in "military calibers", it seems that the other calibers kill less!!! :lol:
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Gun control by outrageously inflated governmental fees & taxation.........make guns so expensive not many can afford them .........don't give Obama any more ideas........he's being enough of a pain in the keister now. :evil:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Welcome to the forum!! Don't forget we love photos here... :D
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for the report wargunn, it is amazing what you must overcome to enjoy the shooting sports. So many of my countrymen take what they have for granted and will not get involved to stop the political effort to limit our freedom to bear arms.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:Thanks for the report wargunn, it is amazing what you must overcome to enjoy the shooting sports. So many of my countrymen take what they have for granted and will not get involved to stop the political effort to limit our freedom to bear arms.
+1
Amen to that ! :twisted:

Watching them lined up like bleating sheep in front of state troopers posts in Connecticut to register their guns made me think that this is indeed a different generation of Americans than the valiant and vigilant citizens that started the fight for concealed carry rights in Florida in the late 1980s.

I as both an American citizen & a Canadian citizen REFUSE to take the rap and be scapegoated for the actions of lunatics and criminals.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

You are absolutely correct pricedo!
Michael
wargunn

Post by wargunn »

If POTUS is into lever action forums that will be a hell of a news! :shock:

Ranch Dog, you are absolutely right, I have been reading weapon related forums for at least the last 15 years (most of them from the USA), and I know it has been a struggle to fight the different bans you had during the last years, but the weapons industry is big and has money, lobbies, and can make a difference with the help of the NRA and the shooting community.

We have only 2 private weapons makers, Bersa wich had the vision to export to the US market, and a shotgun and revolver manufacturer that has had mixed reviews on their products, that being Rexio, the other one is a state owned facility where they produce Hi-Powers, FALs and ammo in the most basic calibers. So we are deep down the rabbit hole regarding putting pressure onto politics on law abiding citizens weapons ownership.

Even the media has the "guns kill people, no guns....no killing" message.... donkeys with a microphone!, but that seems to be a worldwide trend! ;)