Hello from MD

Tell us a bit about yourself!
MikeM

Hello from MD

Post by MikeM »

Hello All,

New to the forum and first Rossi product.
Picked up a NIB M92 .357 24" Oct barrel this weekend from our local Indoor Range. After running a couple of patches through the barrel to clean out the crud we took it to the firing line and ran a couple of 38's through it, reloaded 158 gr LSWC and factory 125 JHP +P's . No feeding issues. Same with the couple of 357 JHP's. The only ones that did not feed were the HBWC's but was to be expected but I had to try it anyway.

So far this week I've had it apart twice to give it a break cleaner bath and to install a Gunslinger spring kit which made it a much smoother rifle. I'll have it apart again to work on smoothing out the tool marks on the bolt and do something with that loading gate.... Heavy... Many thanks to everyone who posted contributed to the disassembly/assembly threads. It made it much easier working on it.

Fit and finish is walmart average with a couple of scratches/dings in the wood courtesy of the gorillas at the factory or when it was unpacked at the LGS. But I must say that the wood is so soft that I suspect that you could scratch/dent it just by looking at it hard enough. Though I prefer a solid piece of wood instead of plywood that I'm seeing from other manufactures.

Overall I'm pleased with the rifle and the purchase. I bought it as a plinker so the wife and I could go out and shoot together. Her with her Marlin 39A and me with the M92.

One question / advise needed though. I was able to disassemble everything except the forearm which won't budge. The fore end came off without too much effort after removing the two screws and I did remove the magazine plug/screw as well as the pin located on the dovetailed piece supporting the mag tube to the barrel (whatever it's called. :-) ) It almost seems as if the mag tube was press fitted into the forearm and receiver. No movement what so ever when trying to pull or twist it. Any thoughts/suggestions on how to free it up without damaging the firearm??

Thanks
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from MD

Post by Ranch Dog »

Greetings Mike and welcome to the forum! It looks like you have taken your rifle through the right steps. I'm a 20" barrel shooter so some one else will need to address the issue with the forearm on rifle.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Hello from MD

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome, I am not sure how to help you with this either as I have only dealt with the 20" or smaller. Keep us posted to your results so we all learn.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!