.357 OAL required to Cycle - 1.550 - 1.555 ??

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
cavelamb

Re: .357 OAL required to Cycle - 1.550 - 1.555 ??

Post by cavelamb »

Mine is a Braztech too.

I got a stainless mag spring cap and powder coated it red.
I didn't have any green powder.

In the pic above, that's a snap cap.
Anodized red case.

Those notches got my attention too.
No idea what hey are for.
Got some good detail pics of your action and lets' compare notes...
RadarsRUs

Post by RadarsRUs »

Hello Gents’
Problem with having to make under sized ammo and choking in the chambering stroke has been cured.

After studying the Flow of things I started to suspect one spot in the action. I focused on the side rails and specifically the angled-vertical “slots” on either side in receiver side rails that are the path for the RIM of the cartridges to climb-up and align with the chamber as the cartridge Lifter under a round is elevated and then round pushed forward by the very lower face of the bolt as it comes forward.

Those 2 Angled Slots had a little too much of a sharp angle or corner at the very top where they Meet the Horizontal-Top surface of the side rails. The key was just breakIng and smoothing ONLY the tiny little peak of that corner in its Front-Interior corner. Just taking that tiny little Corner off of the steel removed the Hangup Spot where the cartridge Rims would Catch a bit and Ruin / Choke in the chambering stroke. It’s convenient that the side rails easily come out of the receiver with only 1 screw each.

While in there I also did a light polish on the Front 1/4 Surface area of the Lifer “Tongue” that is the last bit of surface the bottom edge of the rounds Rim ride on as they do that transition onto the top of the Horizontal Rail Guides.

Lastly I checked Magazine Spring Length to have only 5” extending beyond tube after cutting off about 3”, put Steve’s stainless magazine follower in the tube and installed Steve’s softer Ejector Spring in the bolt.

Wow, New Animal after the above tweaks! Now it Flies through dummy rounds of 38 Spl., Short.357’s and 1.60” Long 357’s all Mixed together in a Full Magazine. It’s also nice to Not have that gun throw the dummy rounds 10 ft. across the room, just a coupe feet away…

A Good Result from my Bubba Gunsmithing +guns
cavelamb

Post by cavelamb »

Purty sweet, idn't it.