Used 92 44 prices??

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Johnnyjr

Used 92 44 prices??

Post by Johnnyjr »

Just wondering how much used rifles are going for now days. Sold my Henry. I just didn't like it. It was heavy and to damn finicky about bullets. My 92 in 357 is a beautiful shooter. I love it.. Johnny
Muttleymac

Re: Used 92 44 prices??

Post by Muttleymac »

Just bought one a month old un shot for 600 last week
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

I purchased a 20" carbine from buds Guns on 1/19/20. The price on the gun was $486.00..

I didn't like it and traded the Rossi, a set of new lee dies, 200 cases (new Starline brass) and about 900 projectiles. I should have bought the 45, not the 44.

I traded it all for a 30 year old Ruger Mini 30...it was a pretty even trade I think.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Just saw two of them go in an interweb auction today. Both 20 inch, both NIB, one blued, one stainless. $625 for each, not including buyers premium, tax, title and registration. I would estimate total cost of each transaction at $830. There was an Amadeo Rossi 45LC 16 inch stainless SRC (not new, but very clean) in the same auction that hammered for $675.
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Reese-Mo »

Not a good time to be in the used Rossi market. Supply and demand... no supply of new ones, so used ones are going for a premium. Used one's going for more than new ones in some cases.

I'm still aghast. I paid just over $800 17 months ago for a MIJ Winchester 92. Now new Rossi's are approaching that, when 17 months ago they were going for low to mid $500's.

Its all supply and demand.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Not a good time to be trying to buy a firearm period IMO.

Last week the local big box store was selling new CZ-75 compacts for $700 if you were a member of their 'club'.
Today I noticed they were selling a USED version of the same gun for the same price.

This week they have the full sized CZ-75 on sale for $730.
Just about everything else they had on 'sale' or 'discount' was running about $100 more than I paid for almost the exact item a year or two ago.

They are selling used ARs that were assembled out of hodge podge parts for prices I thought were about double what the parts should have run.

I thought for a moment they had an almost decent price on a AeroPrecision M5 .308 but then I saw the parts breakdown was a ~$300 low end upper assembly so that's would probably have been $225 for the lower, $80 for the LPK, another $40-60 for the recoil assembly and stock so a total of less than $700 in parts priced at $1200 with no sights, no mag. (For comparison, I think my first M5 build came out nearly 2.6 grand parts cost, getting wholesale rates and parts on black Friday sales, but that was high grade parts and also including the optic and iron sights. MSRP on the parts was over $3500.)
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

When is the best time to plant a tree? 20 years ago.

When is the second best time? Today.

Old (Pre-Commie) Chinese Proverb
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

When I bought my R92 .357 I told my friend what I paid since it seemed to much at the time and he said I shouldn't worry, I just bought it a little early ... meaning it would increase in value to the point where someday the price would seem okay. I am there now.

I do not have a .44 and don't want one but I would buy a .45 locally on a private sale for the "worth" price now even though it's high ... because it will always be worth something.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

HarryAlonzo wrote:When is the best time to plant a tree? 20 years ago.

When is the second best time? Today.

Old (Pre-Commie) Chinese Proverb
Truth

Decided to go to the gunshow today. It was the second one they've allowed since the pandemic bull started.
I don't think I saw a single lever action rifle at the show whatsoever.

I'd guess actual firearms at the show were down to a factor of about 1/5 or less than any normal show.
There were lots of folks selling AR parts, 80% sellers and one major AR builder. (Note legally building a 80% poly handgun in CA is possible but it isn't likely as you have to add a block of metal to the build that's about half the size of a cigarette pack for the serial number embedded in such a way as to render the gun inoperable if it is removed. You also have to call into CADOJ to get a serial for any 80% completion build and close the loop with photos to DoJ proving you engraved it on the firearm to make it legal.)

The SoCal big box chain Turner's didn't even show. They've not managed to build up the store inventory enough to warrant hitting the gunshow.

LAX ammo was there and had a line out to the side of the building. I glanced at their stock and didn't see much of anything at all outside of 12g, 5.56, .308, maybe some 7.62x39 but no huge supply. 9mm, .40 S&W, .22LR, some .45 ACP, .357 Mag and .44 Mag. Prices were still inflated pretty heavy. Even with the line it looked to me like nobody was buying anything 'for the fun of it'. Everyone was picking up stuff they thought they 'needed' for some reason.
Andy45cal

Post by Andy45cal »

Hi, New to this sight so thanks for having me!
I just recently bought a R91 SRC on an auction sight. After all was said and done I spend about 700 for it. Early model, no safety on the top (which is what I wanted - call me old school) Looks brand new! Still had original paperwork in the box even! 45 long colt, shoots and functions great! I think this is my new favorite!