Almost had a new Rossi R92

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Blind Hawg

Almost had a new Rossi R92

Post by Blind Hawg »

Been wanting a 20" .44 to complement my 24" so I asked Kentucky Gun to let me know when they where back in stock. So I ordered one, 5-7 days to ship. Day 7 I called to see if it would ship as promised. They informed me that the gun was found to be damaged in the previously unopened factory box. They sent it back to Rossi, and won't it won'the be available for 12 weeks, didn't you get the email? NO, said I. Refund please. I suspect they got a rebate from Rossi and sold it as a "blem". I don't see them sitting on the cost while waiting for slow ass Rossi repair. Could have been worse thoughl. Maybe they should inspect them on receipt from the source, but what do I know. Maybe it's time for an upgrade, Miroku Winchester.or Marlin/Ruger??
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Almost had a new Rossi R92

Post by Archer »

I think these guys are a stocking FFL dealer.
That means they probably have to check the serial numbers on the physical gun as they are received. In other words, The gun should have been examined at least as far as checking the serial number against the box and the invoice for the 'bound book' records required by the ATF.

I don't know what the rules are for a wholesale outfit but an error in the paperwork like a serial number switch I mentioned can't be good at any level.

IF they got the gun direct from Rossi then they would send it back to Rossi. Otherwise they'd typically send ir right back to what ever distributor they got it from and let them deal with Rossi. IF they'd already sold the gun as in it went out of the store through a transfer to an individual/end user then they might send it back to Rossi on behalf of the end user. Unless you just happened to be the last order for the last gun they should have opened the next gun box and sent it to you. Any e-mail to you should have been a notice that they'd run out or had a damaged gun and offered a refund or notified you a refund was already being processed.

I checked out their reviews and most seemed happy with them. One idiot seemed to expect them to want to give him retail credit on a used trade in and was p.o-ed they offered him 55% of the price they sell the new gun for. Several complaints about communication, slow refunds and restocking fees. Some seemed legit, others seemed to think they were the only business at hand.
GSB4243

Post by GSB4243 »

My family has purchased 2 guns from them and not had any issues. In fact, the guns (including a Henry Big Boy 357 in November) were actually processed and received at our local FFL dealer faster than what was quoted.
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

When I bought my first Rossi, I REALLY wanted a blued 24" rifle in .45 Colt. LGS had one, but the barrel wasn't clocked right, it was off just a skosh. Shop owner said "can't fix it". So I bought the 24" stainless .45 right next to it. Which is an OUTSTANDING rifle! It's just not blued.

Later on, I bought a 24" stainless .357 rifle from a guy, turned out it had the same clocking issue. Determined to TRY and fix it, I went after it. Blew my mind how EASY it was to fix!. Still wish I'd bought that blued .45, since I know the secret now.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

rondog wrote:When I bought my first Rossi, I REALLY wanted a blued 24" rifle in .45 Colt. LGS had one, but the barrel wasn't clocked right, it was off just a skosh. Shop owner said "can't fix it". So I bought the 24" stainless .45 right next to it. Which is an OUTSTANDING rifle! It's just not blued.

Later on, I bought a 24" stainless .357 rifle from a guy, turned out it had the same clocking issue. Determined to TRY and fix it, I went after it. Blew mind how EASY it was to fix!. Still wish I'd bought that blued .45, since I know the secret now.
Hey Ron, was the barrel screwed in to far or not far enough? I assume the barrels tighten to the right and loosen to the left..I've never had a barrel off so I don't know how to adjust the clocking ..