Rossi 92 357 Broken extractor

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
shrps74

Rossi 92 357 Broken extractor

Post by shrps74 »

Hi Folks...1st post. I've followed this forum for a few years, but never need any info on my 92 (357 24" oct bbl). Yesterday I was shooting it (357 moderate loads), put it in the rack for a while, when I picked it up (action open as this was a competitive shoot), I noticed "a piece" on the riser. Upon getting the piece out, I saw the end of a spring at the bottom of the bolt...then realized the extractor had broken, right where the "indent" is in it...does anyone know where how to get a new extractor for a 357? Thanks, and glad to be here! Shrps74
Thin Man

Re: Rossi 92 357 Broken extractor

Post by Thin Man »

From your description I suspect that it is actually your ejector that broke and not the extractor. Aside from the potential nightmare of warranty work from Rossi, your best bet for the part you need (and installation if you desire) is Steve's Gunz: Rossi 92 Ejector .
Good luck!
Nashville Stage

Post by Nashville Stage »

Yep, I'll agree with Thin Man. It sounds like your ejector snapped, which isn't an uncommon piece to break. That part is fairly weak at the thin section, and the overly-strong ejector spring that Rossi installs puts extra strain on it.

I've heard mixed to negative results from trying to buy a replacement part from Rossi. Give them a call, but Steve's Gunz is a much better bet.

I'd recommend getting one of his lighter ejection springs to go with it. Not only will it reduce the shock on the ejector, but it'll keep your brass from launching into the next county.
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

This is why most of us replace the ejector spring with a C-530 spring - which fits and is FAR lighter than the original, and doesn't over-stress the ejector, which is a flimsy part to begin with.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.