More 92s

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: More 92s

Post by rondog »

Did Rossi set up a factory here in the US? Seems like I recall hearing about plans for that, in the Southeast somewhere.

And man, could you imagine if Rossi contracted with Turnbull's to have them do CCH on receivers, like Henry is doing? I'd be ALL over one of those!!!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

TinMan wrote:
rondog wrote:Promises, promises. What they NEED to do is start PRODUCING!!!

............this.............
IF they can put out a gun that's a consistent quality piece.
Does nobody any good to have a bunch of crap that won't work hitting the shelves.

To be honest, I can't say I'm a fan of the pimped barrel band accents or the 'tacticool' look either.
I'm probably at the point I don't really NEED another lever gun. Might just want one if the price is right.

So how does the .454 feed .45 Colt?

I probably shouldn't have asked that. I don't really need another caliber and probably anything .454 can do .45-70 and .444 can do. Anything a .45 Colt can do my .44 Mags can do...

Maybe a Rio Grand that's put together correctly in .45-70 would be the way to go...
rondog wrote:Let's see - they used to offer these, we need these to come back.....

24" octagonal barreled rifles, both blued and SS
20" octagonal barreled Short Rifles, blued, SS, and CCH
92 Models in .44-40 cal (did they offer .38-40 too?)
Rio Grande model in .30-30 and .45-70
Ranch Hand model in "everything"

Anything else I'm missing?
It would appear you might be forgetting the Rio Grand in .410 shotgun. Whether or not that is 'missing' or you left it off on purpose remains to be seen.

They DO seem to be cataloging the 24" octagonals in .44 Mag and .357 both blued and stainless, of course that doesn't mean they will actually manufacture any. My guess is they may just put out the pimped ones and the all black plastic ones.
https://rossiusa.com/?post_type=prod_leveraction

In my honest opinion, owning both a 20" RB and 24" Oct in .44 Magnum from Rossi, if I can get a 24" octagonal all the 20" octagonal does is loose about a half a pound off the barrel and two rounds out of the magazine. IF I want a lighter handier gun I'm MUCH better off with the 20" round barrel. From a practical hunting standpoint the 20" round barrel will accommodate the scout rail while the octagonal is a royal pain to put any kind of optic on. You probably loose another full pound in weight going to the round barrel and the crescent butt plate seems to give many shooters fits for some reason. It doesn't bother me but then I'm not dumb enough to stick the corners into my chest.

Did anybody else notice that almost EVERY top of the page photograph showcasing a Rossi firearm does NOT match the type of firearm that webpage is talking about? For example the LEVER ACTION page is headed by a picture of their RS semi auto rimfire in a camouflage patter that they don't even sell currently. So not only is the title LEVER ACTION pasted across a picture of a guy bench resting a semi auto rimfire they apparently don't even sell that exact gun and it isn't listed anywhere on the website that I saw. Looks like the problem with using the bosses daughter who just got her marketing degree and who knows NOTHING about the product end of the business. Shades of Midway and maybe Dillon showing there.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

FWIW, buds guns has some 24" octagon 92s in stock, looked like 357 and 44.
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

So, the new TaurusUSA factory in Bainbridge, GA - anybody know if that's up and running, and are they making Rossi's there, or plan to?
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Tried calling multiple times, no answer, of course......
rjk454bfr

Post by rjk454bfr »

First post ever on a gun forum. Long time 454 Casull shooter/reloader here. What a versatile caliber to reload for. After much deliberation, I recently decided that I NEED a Rossi R92 chambered in 454 to go with my Magnum Research revolver. No way I'm paying what they're asking for them used. Turns out I won't have to. Just got off the phone with the Rossi plant in Georgia. They're distributing the rifles right now. The msrp looks to have been raised a bit, they'll probably sell similar to a Henry. I feel the Rossi is the better choice, even in the other calibers, but especially the Casull. I'm liking the lighter weight of the Rossi along with the tube feed/side gate option, swivel studs installed, and rubber recoil pad. I figure with a good smoothing, a couple springs, and Steve's safety replacement peep, this oughta be a winner. Would like it to be blued, but they're only offering stainless right now.

Also, it looks like they're doing away with the 45 Colt rifles, as the Casull chambers both, but I'm not sure about this one as I forgot to ask. They're not shown on the new website.

I'm ready to roll the dice on one of these but I can't find one anywhere. I hope it doesn't take a year for them to start showing up and then waiting for the market to settle a little bit.

The Rossi rep said they've been selling them. Any one here get one yet? How bout some info?
rjk454bfr

Post by rjk454bfr »

The reps I spoke with yesterday from the Rossi plant in Georgia said they'd be manufacturing several types of pistols there. I wasn't really interested in the pistols, but I know she said Heritage Rough Rider. No rifles will be produced in this plant. The facility will be customer service and warranty based.

There are 3 Gallery of Guns-type links on the new Rossi web page, but I came up empty on all 3. I'm going to see if I can order the new R92 454 model from one of several local shops that carry other Rossi firearms.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum rjk!

I don't think that the new production 454 Casull is available yet as there is not any listed on Gunbroker. That has always been the first place they appear. I haven't been able to find any pictures of the Rossi Shot Show booth, I don't think they have much of a presence there anymore.
Michael
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Wow, you actually got someone to answer the phone?

Impressive! I gave the hell up.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Probably correct about the 454.
As for Shot show they apparently had a small presence (direct or represented isn't clear) and were interviewed a couple times. Or maybe Taurus had a presence and was supposed to represent Rossi as well. Taurus had a rather large batch of handguns.

Gun Talk has an interview outside of the booth with a Rossi triple black, a Heritage revolver rifle and three Taurus handguns.

The booth video is up on youtube as well but it appears to be nothing but the pages of the catalog or the photos from it in a slideshow.
Apparently Heritage is calling the revolver rifle a Rough Rider Rancher and claims it will be available in .22 LR and .22 WMR.