Made in Brazil by CBC

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Made in Brazil by CBC

Post by golfish »

I picked up another R92 last week, a 20" .357 carbine. I knew that Braztech was going through some changes but I didn't know they stopped building these guns.

All I can say is WOW!!! it seems to be working. This one is the best of the bunch. The wood is nice, the bluing is spectacular, the action is smooth, cycles 38/357 ... it's a beautiful gun. I hope she shoots as good as she looks.

I'll post up some picks after I take it out to the Mojave...
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Made in Brazil by CBC

Post by Missionary »

That is good news ! I do look forward reading the range test.
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
mmargotta

Post by mmargotta »

Yes, I just got a CBC in .44 and I agree with you. seems excellent!
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I got a look at three CBC built '92 at one of my local "toy" stores today and they are nicely built and finished. My impression is they are using a different wood or just better finishing. Whatever it is these three make it look like maybe they're serious about the U S market. All these were blued.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Ohio3Wheels wrote:My impression is they are using a different wood
The wood matches and looks good on this one. It still had the shoe polish on it that would turn a white shirt brown. I used a little stripper and then a few coats of 1/3 mix was all I needed.

Very good work from CBC
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Happy Holidays to all. I took the new R92 38/357 out to the Mojave last week, the weather was just beautiful.
I really lucked out here and got a good one. It cycles all the 38 and 357 that I fed it, the action on this one has been the best of the bunch out of the box. It's going to need a few more desert trips until it's as smooth as the others. Like all my other Rossi R92s, this one shoots high, but it's good enough to keep the original sights.

All I did was clean the wood with a little paint stripper and coat it with some of my 1/3 mix. I also replaced the mag follower with a SS until from Steve's. I have the safety plug from him as well but for now I'm going to leave it alone.

I'll try and add some photos
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Still trying

Last edited by golfish on 19 Dec 2019 19:23, edited 1 time in total.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Czechbikr

Post by Czechbikr »

I've had my M92 in 357 built by CBC for about two weeks now and had it out once so far. I was also surprised and relieved at the smooth operation that it exhibits from cycling, feeding everything I loaded to the trigger. I've been lubing and cycling it dry since the range trip and will get out in the next few days to run it again at the range. One small criticism is that I found that the stock sits proud of the receiver by may 1/32". Not enough of an issue to refinish all of the furniture, but that will probably happen at some point. I have a brass follower and blued saddle ring enroute from Beartooth Mercantile.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Hey guys, so I picked up a new CBC made R92 in 44 mag, same specs as the .357. Blued, 20" round barrel. The fit and finish on the wood is beautiful. Like always the bluing is spectacular. Rossi always seems to do a great job bluing.

In another thread you'll see that I had problems with the rear band bolt. I sent Rossi an email and went ahead and ordered to more from Jack's. These 2 screws were short and I had to use a C clamp to start the threads. I doubt I'll ever hear from Rossi.

I put about 30 rounds through it on Saturday, it cycles fine and likes the ammo I used. I just can figure out why Rossi keeps having trouble with the rear band bolt. It's like they ordered a million of them cut to short and they're not going to fix the problem until the short ones are all gone.

So now it's all fixed and cycles fine but it's that last 1" closing the lever that bugs me. I can feel that its rough.