Rossi 92s for sale

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rossi 92s for sale

Post by Ranch Dog »

GunBroker has just about dried up, 19 R92s listed. 17 used rifles, one "new old stock," and one listed as new but it is NOS as the model number is old. No current cataloged models.
Michael
powwowell

Post by powwowell »

I found a new, stainless, 16" barrel, chambered in 45 Colt. It's in Ayden, NC. It's priced at $589.00. I want it, but with tax, it's $630 bucks. I passed for now.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

powwowell wrote:I found a new, stainless, 16" barrel, chambered in 45 Colt. It's in Ayden, NC. It's priced at $589.00. I want it, but with tax, it's $630 bucks. I passed for now.
Was it stamped 2017 or 2018?
Michael
jayb514

Post by jayb514 »

I had been searching for over a year to get what I wanted. I paid a premium for it but I'm happy with my purchase.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeah, they have gotten very thin. You see it, you got'ta jump.
Michael
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Arroyoshark »

At the prices these rossis are approaching, notwithstanding this is a rossi enthusiast site, think I would stick with a Winchester/Miroku, which seem to exude better quality than original Win. 92's. The few recent Win. 1892's I've played with had no teething problems. They feed magnum and special rounds with equal smoothness, and the wood is real walnut.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Ke ... 892&View=2
When sitting down to clean a gun, the first step is to load another gun - Elmer Keith
m-saunoras

Post by m-saunoras »

I can't do it. There are many other things I would rather have if I'm going to plunk down $900 at one time. Truth be told for what I do with the Rossi's they really don't have to be that great. Basically mine are all just plinkers.

It might also have to do with the fact that a Rossi is a Rossi but a Winchester isn't a Winchester :D
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
I sold a Rossi once..... no plans to ever do that again ! Good friend begged me out of it and now I cannot get one to replace it. SS .357 with a 16" barrel. May see another one day.
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Arroyoshark »

m-saunoras wrote:I can't do it. There are many other things I would rather have if I'm going to plunk down $900 at one time. Truth be told for what I do with the Rossi's they really don't have to be that great. Basically mine are all just plinkers.

It might also have to do with the fact that a Rossi is a Rossi but a Winchester isn't a Winchester :D

Well, that's an individual choice for sure, both the amount we have or want to plunk down and which brand on which to plunk our expendable income.

But, you might think about what you just posted about Winchester. Is a fine Browning not really a Browning because they are made by Miroku and no longer all built by by FN, or that FN is now FN/Herstal ? How about a Weatherby? Is it not a real Weatherby because it was manufactured by Howa ? The Rossi R92 and its predecessor models were welcomed since the 1950's because if ya wanted an affordable new model 1892 that was the ONLY choice. Miroku's manufacturing quality is incontrovertible, even tho you may personally favor having a New Haven Winnie.

For that matter, is a Rossi really a Rossi or is a Henry really a Henry if it is nothing greater than a more economical knockoff of a Marlin lever action?

It's no longer our father's or grandfather's gunny market, and we should be grateful that anybody is still offering lever action carbines we love. I own a Rossi and a Winnie and I paid much less for the Rossi, but that does show up in the lesser manufacturing quality. With some TLC inside the receiver, the Rossi now has similar utility to the Winnie, but the innate quality and machining of the Winchester/Miroku (or japchester as some refer to it) carbine with its finely finished walnut stock is wonderful to admire, carry and use. In any case it remains a personal choice, however one cannot discount the quality of a Winchester/Miroku or deny it is less of a model 1892.

My conveyed impression was that today's prices on Rossi's are closing the price gap with the Winchester/Miroku 1892's and making the Winchester closer to being a viably priced lever action.
When sitting down to clean a gun, the first step is to load another gun - Elmer Keith
m-saunoras

Post by m-saunoras »

I really didn't mean much by my post. It doesn't matter to me at all who makes what, it's the end result that matters. I would choose a S&W revolver all day every day over any Taurus model but for some reason I like Rossi's. When I'm eyeing up a table full of lever actions I'm looking over Marlins, Henrys and Winchesters in search of one rifle. I guess that's why I'm here