what would you pay???

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Oldman11

Re: what would you pay???

Post by Oldman11 »

I own a 92 in .357,45 colt,and a .480. I would buy a .454 or.327 if they made them A.32hr would sell also. I gave my marlin .45-70 and .45colt to my grandkids,both were JM’s.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

OldGringo wrote:Ranch Dog. I am curious why you are not a fan of the Ruger single actions. I own several from 22-45 and always found them perfect in everyway. I also own other single actions, they just will not handle the hotter loads. And having the handguns in 357 and 45 colt compliment my Rossis. Just curious.
It's not the single actions; it's Ruger. I've had more problems with their products than any other brand, and their customer service is nothing short of arrogant. I've owned three rifles, and all had problems, significant problems, so I stay away from them. Owned a NIB M77 in the '70s, just not a good rifle, the Rem 700 was a better rifle. My Mini-30 had chamber cut issues, despite including a chamber cast to prove it was out of spec (too long) Ruger wanted to tell me how little I know. I wouldn't take the rifle back unless it had a new barrel and they wouldn't replace the barrel. I had to pay $250 to have it rebarreled by them. Funny thing, the new barrel is at the SAAMI spec. I made two chamber casts off the old barrel, one for them and one for me. The old and new barrel chambers were significantly different. The Mini sat for two years unfired until this month when I mounted the night vision scope on it. The experience left a very sour taste in my mouth, and I planned to get rid of it, but I just haven't got to it. If the NV doesn't work out, I will sell it too. The Mini-30 caused me to waffle for about two years on the purchase of a 77/44, and I finally succumbed to the urge. Worst rifle I've ever owned, everything about it. It's been sitting on a consignment rack for months; apparently, everyone feels the same way.
Michael
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Very rare.
It's too bad they treated you that way.
I don't buy new guns so warranties and current company policies usually don't apply to my purchases.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:Very rare.
Not for me and never again.
Michael
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

See my edit.
It's odd considering the average internet Ninja's opinion of Taurus and Ruger.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I had three Taurus pistols with non-concentric chamber issues. Sounds like a lot but at one time I owned every pistol they made which is a lot more models than most offer. Anyway, I handled it the same way I do everything else. Taurus paid for the round trip because the pistols were within the first year of ownership. They examined the chamber cast and rebarreled the firearm and sent it back with no other conversation other than a note that I was correct and they appreciated my business. Start to stop about ten days and no money out of my pocket.
Michael
Oldman11

Post by Oldman11 »

What is a .480 Rossi selling for now days? I have one with about 10 rds thru and would not sell,just wondering about the selling price,I would like another.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

$900 to $1K
Michael
deadeye

Post by deadeye »

Used .357 large loop lever, or stainless Rossi 92s have been getting over $700 on gun broker. Any higher and they get into the price range of used MIJ Winchester 92s and the Italian replicas.