what would you pay???

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
GasGuzzler

Re: what would you pay???

Post by GasGuzzler »

There is no Ruger of lever guns since Ruger quit making them. Henry cares about appearance first, proprietary design second, function third.

The only new guns I am interested in are the ones you assemble from scratch. At least you know what's in there.....
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:There is no Ruger of lever guns since Ruger quit making them. Henry cares about appearance first, proprietary design second, function third.

The only new guns I am interested in are the ones you assemble from scratch. At least you know what's in there.....
I'm not a Ruger fan, they could make a levergun and I would not buy it.
Michael
Sarge
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Sarge »

Ranch Dog wrote:
GRV01 wrote:In a somewhat related note im considering buying my levers in the future from a different company that offers better support, but who is the Ruger of leverguns in this day and age? :(
I would say at this point, Henry. I'm surprised that Mossberg hasn't ventured into the 92 market or expand their 94 clones into additional cartridge offerings. I've even thought that Rossi would be a good fit for Mossberg, bring them to Eagle Pass, TX.
Amen to that.
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

Ranch Dog wrote:
GRV01 wrote:In a somewhat related note im considering buying my levers in the future from a different company that offers better support, but who is the Ruger of leverguns in this day and age? :(
I would say at this point, Henry. I'm surprised that Mossberg hasn't ventured into the 92 market or expand their 94 clones into additional cartridge offerings. I've even thought that Rossi would be a good fit for Mossberg, bring them to Eagle Pass, TX.
Ive mentioned before that if Henry made a side load gate id own three. I get that its not rhat big a deal, and that Henrys are good rifles, and that im not fighting off bandits and dont need to quick reload from the belt but ehhh, its just a bridge too far for me

But man, id love it if a good company picked up Rossi, or just expanded their own line to compete in the growing vacuum Taurus is creating from Rossi mismanagement
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
okstatefan

Post by okstatefan »

I would love to the a M92 come out of Mossberg at Eagle Pass.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Ranch Dog wrote: I'm not a Ruger fan, they could make a levergun and I would not buy it.
I can see that. You're a hunter and therefore mostly a rifle man. I like handguns so I am a Ruger fan. Only Ruger rifle I have is rimfire, another no-no for RD.

If Ruger made a lever gun again I might buy one ten years later when the price came down.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
kingstrider

Post by kingstrider »

Glad I missed that one. Still kicking myself for passing on a stainless 16" 454 at GM last year. Seems like they wanted just over $500 which I didn't have, should have put it in layaway.
desertrider

Post by desertrider »

GasGuzzler wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote: I'm not a Ruger fan, they could make a levergun and I would not buy it.
I can see that. You're a hunter and therefore mostly a rifle man. I like handguns so I am a Ruger fan. Only Ruger rifle I have is rimfire, another no-no for RD.

If Ruger made a lever gun again I might buy one ten years later when the price came down.
Agreed. I own four different Ruger handguns and all with the exception of my 22/45 have been GTG from day one. My 22/45 was really picky about ammo, and even after a steady diet of HV ammo, it wasn't until after I switched out the stock extractor with a Volquartsen that it became reliable.

The stock extractor is on the left.

I've owned a few 10/22's over the last forty years, but have sold them all off. Currently my only Ruger long arm is a Mini 14 Ranch. All reliable as a bag of hammers.
OldGringo

Post by OldGringo »

I have a stainless model 92 in 454 and prefer it for a fun gun over dozens in the safe. I have had a want to buy add and a search posted on Armslist for about 2 years and have not had one reply. If you find a 454, buy it or send me a note. I am guessing you will not get one for less than maybe $750. Mine works great with 45 colt so either cartridge is fine for plinking. I searched nearly 3 years and just found a stainless 16 inch in 357 last week. Just for your info. Rossi could sell the krap out of them in 357 and 454 if they would just tool up.
"Any behavior is instinctive if it is performed without being based upon prior experience", lever action guns are instinctive, anyone can pick it up and know how it works... a natural extension of the human arms. +guns
OldGringo

Post by OldGringo »

Ranch Dog. I am curious why you are not a fan of the Ruger single actions. I own several from 22-45 and always found them perfect in everyway. I also own other single actions, they just will not handle the hotter loads. And having the handguns in 357 and 45 colt compliment my Rossis. Just curious.
"Any behavior is instinctive if it is performed without being based upon prior experience", lever action guns are instinctive, anyone can pick it up and know how it works... a natural extension of the human arms. +guns