Bulged cases

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
dalek

Bulged cases

Post by dalek »

So I finally took the 92 to the range. How it went? How accurate it was? How well it fed the 357 mag rounds I used?

Not important.

What really matters is that I shot 3 rounds and each of them had ended up with bulge on the bottom of the empty cases.Image
This picture has a better view of the bulging on one of the cases, but the location, shape, and size is consistent on all 3
M92_07-sm.jpg
From what I understand the 92 has a full supported breech, so should I assume there is something missing in said breech?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dalek on 17 Oct 2016 09:38, edited 2 times in total.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Bulged cases

Post by akuser47 »

Yea save your pictures and contact rossi usa cs send them the pictures if they want them and they should send shipping label and take care of it. I wouldn't shoot it with it doing that. Please keep us posted to what you find out and do. This is not common so hang in there. +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeap, this is on Rossi. I suspect your rifle had a feed issue and rather than correct the issue by adjusting the cartridge guide, which require that the rifle be taken apart and back a number of times, some idiot just ramped the chamber. We have seen it on these pages a number of time.

Can you take a picture of breech looking foward?
Michael
jstanfield103

Post by jstanfield103 »

Not good,
Call Rossi and send them the pictures like already said. On Rossi for sure.
kyron4

Post by kyron4 »

do you have a picture of the chamber mouth ? Was this a factory new rifle or second hand ?
dalek

Post by dalek »

Here are pictures of the chamber. Can you see the round area and scratches that look like made using a stone?
This one I made a point to take without flash
Tomorrow I will contact RossiUSA and see how they want to deal with this. Wish me luck!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dalek on 16 Oct 2016 21:07, edited 1 time in total.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeap, looks like Rossi's typical fix for feed issues that results in an unsupported chamber.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Be interesting to see how long it takes Braztech to correct this. If they are really interested in CS they would ship a new rifle the day they get this one back, after a close inspection of the new one. Now, we pretty much know that's not going to be their fix. :(

Keep us updated and good luck.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Thats CRAP!
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Mauser69

Post by Mauser69 »

Somebody has destroyed that gun - the only fix is a new barrel. If it is new, they need to fix it ASAP. If you bought it used, you got screwed.