puma service

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
twobitokie
Founding Member
Founding Member

puma service

Post by twobitokie »

Just got of of the phone with nate jones. Tauras is not supportilng the older rossis. I wanted a stock screw, middle barrel band screw and front band screw. I got screwed alright. to get those parts, I have to find a new braztec and get the serial number to use to bring up a new gun and then I can order parts.

So if anyone is needing parts, start looking for a new braztec to get the serial no off of. and please share it.

mods sorry about the word screws, I should heve used bolts. stock bolt, middle band bolt, and front band bolt.

I aint a happy camper right now.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: puma service

Post by pricedo »

twobitokie wrote:Just got of of the phone with nate jones. Tauras is not supportilng the older rossis. I wanted a stock *, middle barrel band * and front band *. I got screwed alright. to get those parts, I have to find a new braztec and get the serial number to use to bring up a new gun and then I can order parts.

So if anyone is needing parts, start looking for a new braztec to get the serial no off of. and please share it.

mods sorry about the word screws, I should heve used bolts. stock bolt, middle band bolt, and front band bolt.

I aint a happy camper right now.
How hard can that be??................lots of em (Braztech Rossi 92s) around.

I'd help you out but mine are all the old Amadeo Rossi SA Pumas bought from LSI before Taurus (& their stupid safety) got involved.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
twobitokie
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by twobitokie »

Tomorrow I will be going to the local induatrial supply that has metric screws and see if I can find them at least the right size. and then blue them and put them in. I will not go into the sad stupid story as to why I need to replace them.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

twobitokie wrote:Tomorrow I will be going to the local induatrial supply that has metric screws and see if I can find them at least the right size. and then blue them and put them in. I will not go into the sad stupid story as to why I need to replace them.
Don't let it get to you dude. Mine is a puma so the serial number will not help you as well. I got a serial number off of one on GunsAmerica but it will not do you any good as it is a stainless gun.
Michael
rfroy

Post by rfroy »

That sucks...I wish I could help you out but I'm still gathering funds for a 92.

Jerry

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Found one for you 2bit... will pm it to you.
Michael
Ray384
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Ray384 »

Rossi parts are available from M&M Gunsmithing. Unfortunately, you end up using snail mail to get the parts. You can email them about parts, but then you send them the money through the mail. They are good about answering the mail with prices. I was able to get some parts for my old Rossi`s.
Jeff H
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Jeff H »

Ray384 wrote:Rossi parts are available from M&M Gunsmithing. Unfortunately, you end up using snail mail to get the parts. You can email them about parts, but then you send them the money through the mail. They are good about answering the mail with prices. I was able to get some parts for my old Rossi`s.
I have M&Ms contact info saved from some time ago. I have planned on compiling a list of "spare parts" and ordering what I might need in the future but have not done it yet.

Do you know if the screw threads on the Rossis are original or are they metric? I have no thread guages for the odd (extremely fine) threads I find on my Rossi, so I have had no way to check.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks Ray, here is the contact info for M&M Gunsmithing.
Michael
twobitokie
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by twobitokie »

first of all, I was able to order the three bolts needed for my 92. the tang bolt, the middle barrel ring (barrel band)bolt, and the front barrel ring (barrel band) bolt from braztec. cost shipped to az was 18.00 for the three.

Since you cannot order from braztec for older rossis, I was able to get help from ranch dog. If he is so amind to publish on the forum that is up to him, or perhaps email him. He knows what to do and his info is absolutly correct.

THANKS FOR THE HELP RANCH DOG