Skinner sight.

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
juliano191

Skinner sight.

Post by juliano191 »

Just ordered one of those Skinner peep sights with adjustable windage and elevation. Hate the stock 92 ones. My main comment is the shipping cost in US. For such a tiny item, the shipping is over $8.00. It is what it is, but seems some companies start out selling item at reasonable price then charge outrageous shipping fees. Whereas, other companies charge slighly more for an item but with free shipping. Just had to put it out there. I'll update on performance of this sight soon. Thanks for letting me rant.

Here's the site:
http://www.skinnersights.com/rossi_firearms_23.html
Retired New Jersey Police Sergeant
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Skinner sight.

Post by GRV01 »

Im happy with my Marble's sights on my 92 and RH but i would really want a Skinner for a Rio Grande if i buy one. Eager to see how you feel about it once you get it set up
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
juliano191

Post by juliano191 »

Soon as i get sight and to range I'll post my review.
juliano191

Post by juliano191 »

Got the sight today.. Great quality and all, but I have to restate the shipping fees for a small padded envelope that weighs less then 3 oz. shouldn't cost over $8.00. Four (4) US stamps would have been sufficient.
juliano191

Post by juliano191 »

okay got sight mounted....seems a bit off centered but it's seated all the way. Online site states this is Windage adjustable...Don;t see how myself. Anyone? Also overall length too short so now I have those two exposed threaded holes. Don't know what they are for but I wan them closed...anyone know what kind/size screw goes in there? Thanks in advance.

P.S. Guy at Skinner site..Andy...is an okay fellow, despite the high shipping rates.
juliano191

Post by juliano191 »

20170429_122651_resized.jpg
20170429_122704_resized.jpg
20170429_122606_resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
juliano191

Post by juliano191 »

What's best way to remove those scratches from the barrel? Thanks again all.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

You can polish the scratches out, but you'll need to polish all the rest so it matches. I'm not familiar with the stainless steel Rossi uses. So I'm only suggesting I have a Ruger Vaquero stainless it gets scratches and I polish it out my vaquero looks like chrome. Its an option maybe not best for you. Also some wet dry sandpaper can remove scratches as well, but again you may need to work over your entire gun to make it match. Your gun looks great so do your sights nice work.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
dlidster

Post by dlidster »

juliano191 wrote:. . . Online site states this is Windage adjustable...Don;t see how myself. Anyone? . . .
My best guess would be to slide the entire unit laterally in the dovetail.
juliano191

Post by juliano191 »

Yeah I had assumed as much once receiving it but i thought the set screw actually did the adjusting. Not so. To actually have to hammer sight at small increments to get windage correct then tighten little set screw seems barbaric and prone to damage on the weapon. Should I hammer the sight out and dremel it thinner, thus making it slide in and out freely? Then tighten with set screw? Seems the only way to go. Thanks