Interarms vs. LSI vs. Braztech

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
3Horse

Interarms vs. LSI vs. Braztech

Post by 3Horse »

Were the Interarms import Rossi 92's better quality than the LSI and Braztech imports?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Interarms vs. LSI vs. Braztech

Post by Ranch Dog »

Hard to say. Those that have the Interarms rifles would argue they are the best. LSI imported both the A. Rossi and Braztech rifles so it is a mixed bag with that lot.
Michael
3Horse

Post by 3Horse »

Thanks Ranch Dog. From what I'm learning thru the forum quality seems hit and miss on any of them.
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
Have several Interarms rifles and at least 2 model 92's still. Never had a bad one. Interarms seems to have had a good quality control in place. Does not mean there were / are some "Monday morning rifles" that slipped through. Happily we have never seen one.
Have bought several new Rossi's in the last few years and each was in good condition. But never did I read about an Interarms having the issues "some" new Rossi's have turned up with.
Maybe it has more to do with how many are produced today than anything...
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
bluesman423

Post by bluesman423 »

I have worked on quite a few 92s ............ here is what I have found

I believe the wood finish is much better on the newer non-Interarms rifle .................. the buttplate also generally fits better on the newer rifles

I despise the front sight/ barrel band combo on the Interarms guns but do appreciate the metal mag follower

Then there is that safety on the newer rifles ............ yuck

Wana mount a scout scope on it? Newer ones are already drilled and tapped

However, the biggest issue I have noticed has always been on the Interarms rifles .......................... when drilling and tapping for a Williams/ Lyman receiver sight I have found varying degrees of hardness in the receiver ................. and this is in the area of the left locking block

Overall I tell my customers I prefer to work on a later model 92
ksmoose

Post by ksmoose »

My local gunsmith says the new one's are better and easier to work on.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

My old one has better wood than any new out of the box (unmodified) new style I've ever seen. I'll not be putting a scope on a lever action so DTd isn't a plus. Mine has never had a safety and was factory built with zero plastic parts. The only thing slightly negative is the lack of dovetail front sight. I fixed the fit of my butt plate as documented here.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.