Been away, now am back

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
JohnR

Been away, now am back

Post by JohnR »

My .357 levergun had to go to Miami to be fixed, and came back with a very loose and light action. I've shot it about 100 rounds or so with no incident, and it's more fun than ever.

I attempted to put a rail mounted sight on it, but it just took away the fun factor so I put the buckhorns back on, with little white dots painted on them so my ageing eyes could see them. The more I shoot this gun the more I like it.
Hylander

Re: Been away, now am back

Post by Hylander »

Awesome, can't wait to pick mine up Monday
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

My first one went to Miami for some sun and relaxation, it came back in perfect shape and ready to go.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Always good to hear of a rifle returning from FL!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Good to hear happy reports. +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

Another 50 rounds today, this time .38 Special. Recoil seems less than a .22. Just a sweet, fun shooter!

Makes me want to check out other lever guns. .44 maybe, .22, Mare's Leg (did Rossi discontinue the Ranch Hand?). Are those as much fun? Or have I already hit the sweet spot for fun with a 10-round .357?
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Different strokes.
I find the Mare's Leg concept to be less useful than a good revolver.
There are folks who like it just fine but to me it's a two hand required handgun that holds no more rounds than the revolver and is slower to reload than a double action revolver.

The 16" can be nice, particularly as another member mentioned to me if you are getting into or out of a vehicle say a tractor cab to shoot a deer or other pest in the field.

I find the 20" to be the SWEET spot for me on most handgun caliber lever actions.
I like the 24" guns as well and love the octagonal and half octagonal barrels BUT that adds weight and is somewhat slower to bring on target. Not a deal breaker but something to keep in mind. I have a Winchester 94 .44 Mag 24" round barreled Legacy model and a 24" SS octagonal Rossi 92 also in .44 Mag plus the 20" round barreled .44 Rossi. Love all of them but the 20" RB is handier.
DAardvark

Post by DAardvark »

What was wrong with your Rossi if I might ask? And what kind of paint did you use on your sights? Most of the paints I have tried rub off if the sight drags something like a gun case. Likely not a problem with a buckhorn sight since if it snags, there is a problem that needs to be fixed. I like the idea of painting my Rossi 357. I already have the gold bead front sight. Like Archer, I really like the 20" round barrel as a fast and fun gun to shoot. A 16" is very nice too, but I prefer the extra 4" and don't find it gets in the way. I am not sure you can go wrong with any pistol caliber and a lever gun. They are all versatile and fun guns.