Lever removal-am I doing something wrong?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Hunter49

Lever removal-am I doing something wrong?

Post by Hunter49 »

I've disassembled and reassembled my new M92 357 twice now, and the hardest part in dis-assembly is the removal of the lever. I remove the tang screw, capture the main spring, unscrew the small lever screw, tap the pin out, open the lever slightly when trying to pull it out the bottom of receiver, and it gets stuck. I've had to tap (lightly mind you) on the locking lugs with a punch to break it free.
What happens to the ejector in this process? It seems as if it is jamming the bolt up somehow so it can't slide. I've found both times that the ejector and the small collar is loose in the bolt/action.
Am I missing a step somewhere? I've watched the video from Trey (they are good videos) and I don't see anything I'm missing.
Greebe

Re: Lever removal-am I doing something wrong?

Post by Greebe »

Not sure what is going on, but you shouldn't have to tap it to get it out. Mine always just slides out without any problems. The extractor, collar, and spring will be loose in the bolt on removal as they are held in by the pin that holds the lever to the bolt. What is the position of the bolt when you try removing the lever?
Hunter49

Re: Lever removal-am I doing something wrong?

Post by Hunter49 »

The bolt is a bit slid back just contacting the hammer. After I tap the pin out I open the Lever a bit and it seems to jam. Everything seems to function fine after reassembled. Just can't seem to get it to slide out like in the video.