Finished M92 16" SS 44 mag

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
triggerpull

Finished M92 16" SS 44 mag

Post by triggerpull »

Here she is after all the work I've done--except I haven't done any action work as of yet since for my tastes I haven't yet experienced anything objectionable on that front. As mentioned elsewhere, I relieved tension on the barrel from the front band and also machined the forearm to get the barrel free-floated. Once the pressure was off, however notice the front mag pin no longer engages the barrel:

I remedied the mag tube "hike-out" problem by epoxying it to the tube channel in the forearm. After trying out a myriad of irons combinations I simply gave them up as too much of a hassle to keep aligned right and hard for me to see anyway with my geriatric eyes. So I mounted a Leupold FX 2 2.5 in gun metal--and once I got over the downside of not being able to dress up like John Wayne or eat beans with cowboys or Indians around a campfire with it I decided it still looks pretty cool lol.

Now the serious deer-slayer load development begins.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Finished M92 16" SS 44 mag

Post by akuser47 »

Nice keep us posted to your ventures
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very nice looking and another "scout" added!
Michael
jdb

Post by jdb »

COOL! Glad you happy again brother. ;~)
"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind." Thomas Jefferson
triggerpull

Post by triggerpull »

BTW--just like I expected from Leupold--the scope picture is fantastic and the reticle is exactly right for a low magnification quick-acquire--I expect I'll be able to tighten up my 50 yd shots and may even start pushing out towards 100.
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

You did a fantastic job on the wood work triggerpull! You don't have to dress up like John Wayne to enjoy a 92. Just shoot it, have fun and get after them there deer.
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

triggerpull wrote:BTW--just like I expected from Leupold--the scope picture is fantastic and the reticle is exactly right for a low magnification quick-acquire--I expect I'll be able to tighten up my 50 yd shots and may even start pushing out towards 100.

just curious .... what's the field of view at 100 yds with that scope?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
triggerpull

Post by triggerpull »

mr surveyor wrote:
triggerpull wrote:BTW--just like I expected from Leupold--the scope picture is fantastic and the reticle is exactly right for a low magnification quick-acquire--I expect I'll be able to tighten up my 50 yd shots and may even start pushing out towards 100.

just curious .... what's the field of view at 100 yds with that scope?
http://www.leupold.com/hunting-shooting ... -2-5x28mm/
triggerpull

Post by triggerpull »

rman wrote:You did a fantastic job on the wood work triggerpull! You don't have to dress up like John Wayne to enjoy a 92. Just shoot it, have fun and get after them there deer.
I'm flattered--but the wonders of modern digital photography probably make it look better than it really is. lol. I'm an artist an enjoy painting cammo and other "details" I may at some point add some filigree to the stock but I'm a bit concerned about being laughed out of the woods by my fellow hunters. ; )
triggerpull

Post by triggerpull »

triggerpull wrote:
rman wrote:You did a fantastic job on the wood work triggerpull! You don't have to dress up like John Wayne to enjoy a 92. Just shoot it, have fun and get after them there deer.
I'm flattered--but the wonders of modern digital photography probably make it look better than it really is. lol. I'm an artist an enjoy painting cammo and other "details" I may at some point add some filigree to the stock but I'm a bit concerned about being laughed out of the woods by my fellow hunters. ; )
Anyways--I just finished loading up a fresh batch of nosler 240 JHP and I'm out the door to test them and my new scope--report(s) to follow.