Return gun to Rossi from UK

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
oj121

Return gun to Rossi from UK

Post by oj121 »

In a link to my other thread about my ejector collar I will more than likely have to return my gun to Rossi. Has anyone from the UK done this and if so how and what forms did you will out? Any idea of cost?
pistolcalrookie

Re: Return gun to Rossi from UK

Post by pistolcalrookie »

IMO do not even think about it, export / import permits and such would have you die of old age, bitter, poorer, an unarmed.
Read up here and do the You Tube thing and fix it yourself or write it off.
I am assuming that you bought the gun used and so have no recourse through a dealer ?
oj121

Post by oj121 »

Gun bought brand new 3 montha ago. May try that actually!!
BCRider

Post by BCRider »

If you bought the gun in the UK then there is a distributor that is likely also the warranty and parts center for the UK. You need to get back to the dealer where you bought the gun and get the information on where and how to handle this all within the UK. There WILL be an option.
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

Return to dealer. The Sale of Goods Act applies to firearms just as much as to fridges. A defect on a new gun within 3 months of purchase is unlikely to be held to be reasonable.
donhuff
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by donhuff »

oj121,

I have been watching this thread and hoping that you could find a collar. Sorry that you did not. I wish that I had spoke up sooner, but I just knew that you would be able to find one somewhere over there.

I lost a collar out of one of my 92s, (my shop is pretty dirty!) and I have a small lathe, so I made a new one. It does not bear much of a load, so I figured a simple steel one would do ok. So far, 6 months and maybe 3-500 rounds later, it is still in there. When I made that ONE, it was so easy, that I went ahead and made a dozen or two, thinking that if I lost one, I might loose more.

I will mail you one if you like, and you think it will get there. PM me your address and I will get it off to you. I'll mail 2 separate ones to give it a better chance of making it there, if you think I should. I have never mailed overseas so this will be a first for me.
Don Huff

to bad those that know it all, cant do it all!
16" SS 92 357
20" BL 92 357
20" SS 92 44
20" BL 92 44
20" Bl 92 45C
20" Bl 92 454
SS Rio Grande 30-30
Bl Rio Grande 45-70
oj121

Post by oj121 »

Sorry ive not logged in for a while. Can i just say your awesome for making that offer mate!!! I really appteciate it but ive just had one delivered from germany. So thank you again mate!
donhuff
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by donhuff »

Just trying to help out a fellow rossi rifleman, with another rossi problem.

I thought that I had read in another post that the place in Germany would not ship to you. Guess I got mixed up on the subject since they will not ship to the US. Anyway, glad you got the part.
Don Huff

to bad those that know it all, cant do it all!
16" SS 92 357
20" BL 92 357
20" SS 92 44
20" BL 92 44
20" Bl 92 45C
20" Bl 92 454
SS Rio Grande 30-30
Bl Rio Grande 45-70
jonb

Post by jonb »

Hi All

Here in the UK Rossi spares are very hard to find , a friend at my club requires parts and has found a gun dealer who specializes in Rossi's.

The gun dealer buys in old / damaged guns to strip for spares , very sad state of affairs :cry:

Still great to see the offer of the new collar , hands across the pond and all that ! +guns

Jon
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

Tried the UK importer? I think its now Highland guns, but Rossi's website can probably tell you.