How to add a light and laser?

The unique revolver-cylinder fed rifle. Chambered in 22 Rim Fire, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt/.410 bore.
TearDropFan

How to add a light and laser?

Post by TearDropFan »

Hi CJ fans,

I have not purchased my Circuit Judge yet, but when I do, I want to add a light and laser to the barrel at the risk of ruining the good looks of the CJ. The combo I am interested in is the Sig Sauer Stoplite (STL-300J Tactical Light).
http://stevejenkins.com/blog/2011/07/pr ... cal-light/

I don't have any experience with Picatinny rails and have no idea which rail system would work properly with the Circuit Judge. I assume it would be a simple one that clamps securely to the barrel without interfering with the sights. If anyone knows which rail would be the right one for this application, I would appreciate the information. I'm just wanting to learn how it's done. We plan on taking this with us as our 'camp gun' when traveling with our Little Guy 6 wide tear drop camping trailer.

I sort of considered the CJ with the synthetic stock, because black accessories would match the look of the gun a lot better, but the overall length is quite a bit shorter than the wood stocked version and I have long arms! I know some may think I'm crazy for considering this combination, but I have to tailor this home defense system to my physical requirements. I would think it would also help to prove a shooting was justifiable by having the ability to light up and identify the target and to know where the bullet is going by using the laser. All this is conjecture and would work well in a 'perfect' world of course! It's just that I can see the usefulness of this setup.

Looking forward to hearing your advice,

Clyde
"I wanna hang a map of the world in my house. Then I'm gonna put pins into all the locations that I've traveled to. But first, I'm gonna have to travel to the top two corners of the map so it won't fall down."
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: How to add a light and laser?

Post by akuser47 »

If I had a circuit judge I would not touch the wood I wood get somthing like this to clamp onto the barrel use teflon tape (plumbers tape tightly wrapped around the barrel where you mount the laser and then it will not leave a mark clamp it on and enjoy I would not start mukin up the wood unless you are good at wood working. just my opinion not law If there is a weaver rail you can always attach a laser to it and then hip shoot it that way. keep in mind you need a barrel mount one the link is as refernce as it is for 1" scope tubes.
http://www.clearlyoptics.com/laser-and- ... unt-switch
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
TearDropFan

Post by TearDropFan »

Thank you akuser47 -

I think I finally located the barrel 'clamp on' rail that would accommodate the Sig Sauer light/laser combo. It wouldn't interfere with my sights and provides a 2 1/4" long Picatinny rail on the bottom to accept the Sig light. The manufacturer includes several lengths of screws for different diameter barrel applications also. http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Universal-Sin ... d_sim_sg_4

As you can see, it got very good reviews on Amazon. I had no plans on cutting or modifying the fore end part of the stock to mount a rail. I might put one of these on my Mini 14 also. I would also love to have the Monte Carlo stock modified to be able to use a speed loader. I found this really nice speed loader kit to keep handy on your night stand. It looks really cool and they make one specifically for the Circuit Judge. Here is the link in case anyone is interested. http://www.5starfirearms.com/44_45_5shot.html Scroll down to - Circuit Judge Bedside Block Kit Tactical Finish *Taurus Judge/Circuit Judge Only*

I would love to hear others comments on this subject. Well, back to work on our automated driveway gate installation :) .

Clyde
"I wanna hang a map of the world in my house. Then I'm gonna put pins into all the locations that I've traveled to. But first, I'm gonna have to travel to the top two corners of the map so it won't fall down."
tanttx

Post by tanttx »

Hi Everyone,

I am picking up a circuit judge in a couple days, going to try it out at my folks place in corsicana, texas. I already own a judge (love it). If anyone has managed to put a lite on the circuit judge I would appreciate any replys with suggestions. Don't need the laser, mostly interested in a light as the rifle will be part of my home defense plan, am thinking a light would be benefical.

Either way, will post a message with my first experience and once I get a lite will add another.

Thanks for the great threads so far

Tony
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

My insurance guy found a red lazer that fits the factory Weaver Scope mount, he plans to use
it for home defence.
I want a light, it needs to be quickly detachable, but in truth, I don't need a light, house too lit up.
Very few shadows.n
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.