Rossi Spare Parts Update ~ A+

This forum is for members to relate their experience with the RossiUSA restricted parts policy. Posts must be reasonable and civil. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
pistolcalrookie

Re: Rossi Spare Parts Update ~ A+

Post by pistolcalrookie »

Excellent news for you Blokes in the US and also probably we foreigners :lol:
I do not have much faith in the local distributor re parts but if bits are available in the US all is good.
I have a good friend on your side of the Pacific who helps.
Thank you again Ranch Dog, forums like this are not just a means of sharing information/skills but also perhaps applying a little pressure in the marketplace.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pistolcalrookie wrote:Thank you again Ranch Dog, forums like this…
You're welcome.

A little bit more concerning parts. Some of the parts I ordered where shipped in a SS finish and I have the blued rifles. Finish was never discussed as Rossi is working off a serial number. I returned the SS parts, with the return form completed, and the correct parts were delivered yesterday. Never needed to talk to anyone. Once they have online parts, it sure will make it easy!
Michael
kenny

Re: Rossi spare parts still F.

Post by kenny »

teufel007 wrote:I called Rossi about getting a replacement lever for my .357 Ranch Hand. I was told that it is a restricted part and that I must send the gun to the repair facility in Florida. I asked why and i was told that "all parts that are part of the trigger are restricted." I hung up and considered selling my gun. My frustration is beyond anger at this point. I love my Ranch Hand, however, I dispise the large loop lever on it and I bent the lever while extracting a shell casing. I just want the smaller lever from a Rossi 92. Why is it that I can purchase any part I need from any other manufacturer (except the reciver) and have it shipped directly to my home? I give Rossi an F.
teufel007: I share your feelings about Taurus/Rossi as a company. I recently joined the forum and will be posting my own negative experience with the company soon. I called them March 2013 regarding quality issues with my R92 and they made no promises but urged me to send the gun in to them so I did. They held onto my gun for over 7 months "waiting [indefinitely] for a part from Rossi." When I gave up waiting and asked them to return it to me as is, they said they would have to register it with ATF as an "unsafe firearm" since I did not have them complete the work. The only other option they offered was to substitute a replacement firearm (in different caliber or in blue instead of stainless) since they did not have the same model in stock. It's a long story I'm saving for a "new topic" in the Rossi customer service forum. But suffice it to say that I would never send a firearm in to Taurus or Rossi for repairs, and don't think I'd buy another Taurus or Rossi after dealing with their customer service, although admittedly, I still like my R92 which seems to function okay (although I've yet to fire it), I also have a well-used Taurus .22LR revolver that I haven't had any issues with, and my son is happy with his Judge. ~kenny
hossthaboss

Post by hossthaboss »

On the subject of spare parts.. is it possible to buy spare barrels for the Rossi Youth Model single shot?
hossthaboss

Post by hossthaboss »

I have a 22" 20 gauge barrel and an 18 1/2" 22LR barrel.. Id like to know if there are more options, how much it is and where to find them
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

hossthaboss wrote:On the subject of spare parts.. is it possible to buy spare barrels for the Rossi Youth Model single shot?
The only way to know for sure is to call them.
Michael
BadMonk

Post by BadMonk »

I called a few weeks ago to order spare parts, many of them from RD's list. After taking the order, the rep checked with her superivor. Told me to send the rifle back to them. So, I explained that the rifle is fine and that these are 'spare' parts. OK, no problem...order arrived a week (?) later. Still waiting for one part on backorder otherwise no big adventure getting parts.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

BadMonk wrote:Told me to send the rifle back to them. So, I explained that the rifle is fine and that these are 'spare' parts. OK, no problem...order arrived a week (?) later.
It sounds like that sales person didn't get the memo!
Michael
mlw270win

Post by mlw270win »

Thanks for the update. I have always like lever action rifle and own a few but no Rossi just because it was so hard to get parts. I will start looking for one now.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

So forgive my asking, one still cannot buy a new lever?
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.