Hello from North Texas/DFW

Tell us a bit about yourself!
skchen83

Hello from North Texas/DFW

Post by skchen83 »

Hello to everyone. I've been involved in shooting and handloading for quite some time, but recently found myself going from 1 Rossi single-shot to 3 in 4 calibers over a span of 2 weeks! So, when I found this board, it seems exactly where I need to be to find out more about my guns.

Originally, I just wanted something simple that I could use to do load development for 9mm and 223/5.56 without having to load magazines and chase empties all over the range. Earlier in the year, I was able to trade an old computer for an R223HB which has been perfect for that job. That made me think that I really wanted (needed?) something similar in 9mm Luger. As far as I can tell, no such animal exist short of having a custom firearm made. That's not in the budget of a teacher/coach, so I started trying to find a way to convert a single shot to do just that. A couple of weeks ago, I found a "Three of a Kind" (7mm08, 20ga, 22LR) on Texas Gun trader for $175 thinking that I might go the route of having a barrel made from a "stubb". Then last week, I chased down a bent-barrel .223 locally that came along with a "parts" receiver. Now I have lots of questions and very few answers.

So, now I'm kind of full-up with Rossis and a project in the works!
TinMan
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Hello from North Texas/DFW

Post by TinMan »

First off, welcome to the forum. I believe you will find answers to any questions right here......this is a very well informed bunch. 8-)
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

"Fight only when you must. But if it's unavoidable.....fight like your the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Welcome,

I'll be interested to hear you experiences.

For me whether or not the round functions the gun (or more likely SEVERAL guns) is a integral part of 9mm load development. I have probably 10 to 12+ different 9mms and friends with several additional types all of them are semi autos and feeding and ejection has to be sure. I don't think I know anyone who has a 9mm single shot. I might know one person with a 9mm revolver.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum!
Michael
TinMan
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by TinMan »

TinMan wrote:First off, welcome to the forum. I believe you will find answers to most any question right here......this is a very well informed bunch. 8-)
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

"Fight only when you must. But if it's unavoidable.....fight like your the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Welcome from just north of you.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
skchen83

Post by skchen83 »

GasGuzzler wrote:Welcome from just north of you.
Just came through your area last month when we camped at the Chickasaw recreation area.
skchen83

Post by skchen83 »

Thanks to everyone for the welcome. Really looking forward to picking everyone's brain.