Hello Everyone from Los Angeles

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Tunabliss

Hello Everyone from Los Angeles

Post by Tunabliss »

I stumbled upon this site while researching some questions I had about a Rossi M92-56002 I just purchased from Bud's Gun Shop a few days ago. I am very excited and can't wait to receive my new and first lever action rifle. I've been looking at them for a few months and the more I played with them the more I fell in love with the idea of owning one. I chose the Rossi because of it looks like a good value and even though it looks like it might need some tweaking, overall it should be a great rifle.

I'm hoping I can gleam some tips and direction on how to make the M92 a great shooting gun...

So thanks in advance for your help and for having a place to share the fun.

Ruben
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Hello Everyone from Los Angeles

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome, keep us posted
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum. You are from an interesting area, I've always wanted to visit the LASC!
Michael
Tunabliss

Post by Tunabliss »

Ranch Dog wrote:Welcome to the forum. You are from an interesting area, I've always wanted to visit the LASC!
I was just there this morning, well, next door at MOre and Moore shooting clays. Didn't do too hot, 33 out of 100 but I'm still learning.

Thanks for the welcome.... :D
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Welcome from just north of you.
Tunabliss

Post by Tunabliss »

Well, due to wanting to DROS three guns together, my Rossi M92 spent 2 months in jail while a waited for a handgun to become available. I finally go it last Monday and took it to the range yesterday.

What a great gun! The action is nice and smooth. Very accurate. Easy to shoot and lots of fun.

I only had .38 special rounds so I have not tried .357 but that don't matter. For target practice it was great! :D

I'm looking forward to taking her out again soon.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Great to hear
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

good grief .... those laws have to really hurt the dealers by having to hold a gun "in inventory" for so long, not to mention the added cost to the purchaser probably having to make up some/most of the dealer's loss

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

The gun didn't HAVE to be held for so long. It could have been picked up but would have increased the amount of TAX/EXTORTION that has to be paid to the State of California in terms of registration and background fee. DROS (Dealer Record of Sale) is the process by which CA both initiates a background check, starts the 10 day waiting period (which has been ruled unconstitutional at least for those of us who already own firearms), registers the firearm by serial number in your name, insures that you have a current HSC or FSC (Handgun Safety Card or Firearm Safety Card), forces the dealer to collect use tax (same rate as sales tax) for items purchased from outside the state of CA, and insures you purchase a CA approved firearm locking device.

CA finally has a process by which you can purchase multiple firearms at one time and pay one DROS fee as opposed to paying the same fee for each firearm. This is counter to the normal CA process of ever increasing fees but can save you $15 to $25 per each additional firearm. Of course the dealer will be forced to file a multiple firearms purchaser record with the feds that they wouldn't have to file if you spread the purchases out over something like 5 to 10 days between each. AND in CA if the purchase is multiple handguns through the dealer (i.e. NOT from another individual) you are forced to wait for 30 days between each handgun and pay the additional DROS for each. (IF you are buying from a private citizen you are required to both go to a dealer and file the DROS but you may transfer multiple handguns that way at the same time.)

So the poster is choosing to wait until all the firearms he has ordered have been received before filling out the paperwork to save $30-$50 that would otherwise go to the state. IF he pays the dealer up front then other than the space they take up in the safe and the liability of storing them they probably don't care. Technically the gun may be in inventory but practically if it is already paid for then it is sold. He could retrieve his property earlier BUT only by paying the state extortion fees. Of course IF he fails the background it gets stickier and the refused buyer could loose restocking fees from 15% to 50% depending on the dealer and of course probably looses the DROS fee and if he had to get or renew his FSC that's $25 down the drain.

THE QUESTIONS ARE what else did you get?
And have you posted a range report yet?