New member from Mississippi

Tell us a bit about yourself!
ncpapaul

New member from Mississippi

Post by ncpapaul »

Hello all, I'm from Oxford MS, home of the Ole Miss Rebels. I'm a retired gunsmith, still working machinists for the University. Never did much work on lever guns but was a general fix-guns-not-taken-care-of business and some bolt gun builds. I favor Ruger single actions and S&W double actions. I did have a real nice Rossi .45 Colt lever gun when I shoot Cowboy Action in the late 80s/early 90s. I'm kinda getting back into shooting/reloading more now, I just passed 60 years. I want a .41 Magnum lever gun and have written Marlin and Rossi both with that request, not sure if it will do any good but can't hurt. I may just have to get a 92 in .357 or 45 Colt, I shoot those in various guns. Thank for having me, Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New member from Mississippi

Post by Ranch Dog »

Cool, another tractor man! Welcome to the forum!

Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
jdb

Post by jdb »

Welcome from up in western Kentucky, Paul. Great to have smith on the site so we yahoos can pick your brain. Look forward to hearing from ya.

By the way, love that ol' Deere. Spent a lot of my youth wrenchin' on some about like it. ;~)

Welcome!
"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind." Thomas Jefferson
ole single shooter

Post by ole single shooter »

Welcome to the site. Sure is a nice old tractor.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Welcome,
We've had some discussion on the 41 Mag possibilities and I suspect you, like the rest of us may be in for some disappointment especially from Marlin although as you say it can't hurt to ask.

I've been meaning to write Wrangler and ask if their jeans can at least be sized consistently so I don't have to try every darned pair on before I purchase them. 15-20 years ago once you found the size that fit you could just buy it. Now you have to try on every pair. I don't think writing a letter is going to make Mexican manufacturing consistent but it's a thought.
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

Welcome from the heartland. I spent my youth on tractors much older and less modern than that one. What's the bulge at the front - propane tank?
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.