Howdy do

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Cmasailor

Howdy do

Post by Cmasailor »

Howdy,
I've been on other forums off and on for years, ammosmith, cb, gt, psf... few others... and have one of RD's moulds for 30cal. Only recently acquired a 24' bbl Rossi 92 in 357. Havent shot it yet but hear lots of good.

I've got the lee 105 and 140 SWC moulds I hear those work good with the rossi rifles, But I'm hoping to get a load figured out for a NOE .360 180 HP... so far she cycles fine, smooth as any other levergun I've played with... I'm not really sure where the gripes come from if this is an example of an average rifle.
I hear OAL will be fun to play with, and hope I can push it fast enough to get the 180 stable, but I wont be heart broke. Ive got enough brusers to hunt with sure, but it would be nice to have a thumper in this fun little rifle.

so far I don't have much for brass, I'll probably pick up some full length 357 on amazon and call it good. the 38spl carbon ring thing doesn't sound like fun.

I know I should use a faster powder but I'm going to keep to unique, 2400, and H110 for my loads since that's what I use in most everything else.

I reload for many different cartridges, when I make the time, sofar, mostly enjoy my marlin 94 CL in 45lc

I'll probably be the lurking type, I rarely jump in with my .02 unless I feel it's a safety issue. I work on ships, in the GOM and enjoy living vicariously through the forum when I'm not at home in Podunk AZ (just moved there, from the PacNW, Loved the nw, Really Love it in AZ.)

Howdy Folks
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: Howdy do

Post by mr surveyor »

Welcome to the forum.

I think your choice of powders is spot on for the .357 mag. I don't have the carbine, but I do shoot a lot of .357 in revolvers. My favorite powders are Unique for the moderate loads, A2400 for the mag and AA#9 for the mag. I don't use 110 due to the narrow window of load values, but I know it's an excellent powder for magnum revolver loads.

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum!
Cmasailor wrote:I hear OAL will be fun to play with, and hope I can push it fast enough to get the 180 stable, but I wont be heart broke.
One thing I did to get the brass length to work out with heavy bullets is use 38 Spl brass rather than trim the heck out of 357 Mag brass. I still load them to 357 Mag levels.

Michael
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

Welcome to the forum.
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I like the powder choices although I'm a little leery of H110 for the mentioned narrow load range issues I do have plans to use it in .30 Carb.
Cmasailor

Post by Cmasailor »

Thanks guys, good to be here.

guess I have to try the 38 brass anyway. saves me a few bucks too as Ive got a couple hundred lying around.