New Rossi Rifleman

Tell us a bit about yourself!
JMaslonik

New Rossi Rifleman

Post by JMaslonik »

Hello all,
I'm new as expected. I suppose I'll mention the 2 Rossi guns I have:

1.) 92 in 357 Mag stainless steel 20" - Great gun. I bought this a little over a year ago and it has become my favorite rifle that I have. I do a significant amount of close range hunting (mainly due to mountain laurel in Central PA) and some plinking. Yes, I know there is a lot of controversy about 357mag vs deer but with that all aside I reload hot and the accuracy of this gun is amazing with a skinner sight I installed. Absolutely love this gun. only down side I have is an occasional jam/hiccup when placing rounds in the loading gate.

2.) 62SA- I bought this used but in almost new condition. The guy I bought it off of didn't even have it sighted in yet. I put probably 2,000+ rounds through this guy. Fairly accurate too. However, I have been having some miss fires lately and just as of this recent Sunday the firing pin broke/ tip snap off. Something like this has never happened to me so i'm unsure what new firing pin to buy and from where? I had no problem taking the pins out to remove the firing pin. I guess my biggest hurdle is finding what firing pin would replace the broken one because I can't find much info on the 62SA model?

Thanks for any replies and thanks for having me here!

Jordan
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: New Rossi Rifleman

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Welcome,
I seem to recall when I was growing up in GA .357 was legal in a handgun but not so much in a rifle.
That was probably talking factory ammo though.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum, I use the R92 357 Mag on whitetails and feral hogs here in South Texas. Works very well. As far as the firing pin goes, try Bob's Firing Pins.
Michael
ajax

Post by ajax »

welcome.

Andy
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

Welcome to the forum
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

welcome
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
jdb

Post by jdb »

Welcome from western Kentucky, Jordan.

Not sure what controversy you're talking about with 357 and whitetail. Close range brush hunting is about all there is to do around here and the 357 is a pretty common round for white tail. Not as popular as 30-30, but nearly with lever guns.

So you just keep doing what you're doing. You have a brotherhood that's got your back now. ;~)
"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind." Thomas Jefferson
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I think what he's talking about is what I mentioned, some locals .357 is allowed other not so much and others may be split as to some energy calculation or ok for handguns not so much for rifles. Probably on the theory that you won't be tempted to push a handgun as far as a rifle and will still have decent energy at short ranges.

It's still up to the shooter / hunter to know what they can do and pick conditions that will kill the game cleanly.