New Okie here...

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Daryl Licht

New Okie here...

Post by Daryl Licht »

I've been lurking around here for several months, off and on, finally decided to sign up to ask a few questions.

My original interest in firearms, 35 or so years ago, was in handguns and not much else. Later on an interest in centerfire .22's and handloading crept up on me. Then came NRA smallbore rifle and hunter's pistol silhouette. Laid off of shooting for some time, 9/11 got me active again and since then it's been mostly black rifles and semi auto handguns.

The .45-70 caught my eye a while back, and since the Remlins I looked at seemed to lack in most ways, and not really liking the idea of the tube loading on the Henry, I picked up a RG. That it reminded me of a 336RC I had many years ago helped some too.

Not a big poster, but like to read and occasionally throw my $.02 in if I think it's relevant.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Okie here...

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum Daryl, the RG4570 is what brought me into the Rossi fold as well!
Michael
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

Welcome Neighbor!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Welcome to the kicked by a mule 45-70 club..... :lol: Once you get it dialed in you will love it. Never met an Okie I did not like was a song just can't remember which one...... :lol: I do remember it was sung by a Texan!!
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

Welcome from a neighbor next door to the North. I'm beginning to think that Texas, Okla and Kansas should all form one state. We seem to have similar politics and life styles. :lol:
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
Daryl Licht

Post by Daryl Licht »

Thanks to all for the welcome. I was born in the Texas panhandle but was raised in Oklahoma. I did have a chance a couple of years ago to spend some time in central and northwest Kansas. Not as flat there as people are led to believe. I like the open spaces and could live there, if there was somewhere for me to work, and if it didn't get so dang cold.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

Well, Daryl, speaking of cold, over here on my side of the Red River we consider the term "Norther blowing in" to mean someone musta cut that one strand of barbed wire we share between us that's supposed to block the winter wet chill that y'all send our way ;)

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Welcome.

Got my Winchester 1886 in .45-70 back when ammo was only $18=$20 a box.
Just traded another fellow a couple boxes of Match service rifle bullets for about three boxes of .45-70 Hornady lead last week.