Hello From Across The Pond

Tell us a bit about yourself!
RickGM16

Hello From Across The Pond

Post by RickGM16 »

Hi guys. Looks like this is a useful place for information.
Got a new Rossi Puma 16" .357/.38 on Monday. I've only been to the range once but am well pleased with the performance. Was only shooting at 25 yds but got decent results (approx 1.5"} for first time out.
A bit disappointed to get a misfeed with my very first round which jammed against the entrance to the chamber - a Prvi Partizan PPU FPJ 158 grains .357 Magnum. Things did get better as I got more confident.
Stripped it down today and gave it a real good clean - it was really grubby and the extractor looked like it had been around in a shed for 20 years ! Lightly polished a few places and put it back together with a smear of Molybdenum grease. It feels better already although still stiffens up just before the action closes.
I've ordered a replacement extractor spring (C530) as recommended on here which you guys seem to infer will help and will stop the empties landing in the guy's ear next to me at the range !
Loading the tube takes an awful lot of effort and I soon had a sore thumb. I'm thinking about shortening the spring. Are all the springs in the different length barrels the same? Perhaps someone with a 20" could tell me what their spring length is. I don't want to start cutting it short and it not feeding.
Well that's about it for now !
Cheers Rick
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Hello From Across The Pond

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome, I have not measured mine mag tube spring but I always say this cut a couple and try it. I still want to be sure that you under stand that most of the bit in loading is caused by the stiff flat spring on the loading gate. It needs to be hour glassed and tested to relieve the massive tension and bite it has, both of these acts will greatly ease loading the 92. keep us posted
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Welcome Rick!!!! Pull up a chair and have a spot of tea.... :lol: Lots of good info here and friendly chaps!
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum Rick! There is a number of fellows from the UK here!
Michael