alphalimafoxtrot's camper - at the shooting range

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
alphalimafoxtrot

alphalimafoxtrot's camper - at the shooting range

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

I am such a geek. Can't help myself - here's a couple pics I took this afternoon of my new truck and slide-in camper at the Myrtle Grove WMA public shooting range.

Want to play "where's Waldo"? Look and see if you can spot a very small Magpul sticker. :lol:

Adam
IMG_4346.jpg
IMG_4349.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: alphalimafoxtrot's camper - at the shooting range

Post by akuser47 »

Looks great, I see a yeti sticker, and a magpul sticker on left corner
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

The camper at the range brings up and idea. A bench top that would replace the table for reloading ammo!
Michael
alphalimafoxtrot

Ranch Dog wrote:The camper at the range brings up and idea. A bench top that would replace the table for reloading ammo!
You read my mind!
Although I didn't pop the top and open the awning, I did use the camper to store my shooting gear instead of tossing it into the back seat of my pickup as I might normally do.

Because of my fridge, I also brought along cold drinks and lunch.

And if I needed to take a gun apart, or indeed handload a quick batch of bullets with my Lee Loaders, I could do that sitting at my dinette table in the camper.

I'm "a happy camper"! FYI, this weekend is an actual camping weekend for us at the Bull Run campground in western Fairfax County. Our site does have electric hookup, which will give me an excuse to run the a/c if it gets too humid for my wife. Don't really need the electric since I have solar and dual batteries as well, but the a/c is the one item that needs a generator or shore power to work.

Thanks for checking in!
Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

sounds like a perfect setting for the Lee Hand Press, dies and assorted small "necessaries"

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
alphalimafoxtrot

Hey all of ya!

So, I'm back at the post I wrote in May of this year - exactly a week before I tore up my left shoulder rotator cuff. Posted about THAT fun experience on the Lee Loader site - so there's that.

Here is where my camper and my family are at the present moment: we are setting up a plan for camping up in the Big Meadows campground at Shenandoah NP this Wednesday/Thursday. Why, besides it being a fun thing to do? +guns

Well, the next day is Christine's surgery so she brought up a random bug-out to get herself (and me too) settled down and clear our minds. Think it's gonna be a great trek! SNP has been our go-to park for hikes and camping over the last 20 years. We spent nearly a decade hiking with Nutmeg, our amazing husky/shepherd before her passing at age 17. I know I'm rambling, but it is a positive distraction from the events later this week!

be well. I plan on editing this post for some pics. I'm not that lame!!! :roll:

Adam
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

This sounds like a great idea! I know both of you have earned and need the time outdoors!
Michael