Joaquin

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Joaquin

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

If i were in your shoes having to use a walker i think i would have a miracle moment. I can see me throwing the walker off to the side and running down the stairs as the tornado approached, then wonder once down there " hey how did i do that?", of course once the pain became a reality it would all become clear....
Speaking of clear, we are clear blue skies with a nice breeze. I feel like i havnt seen the sun in ten days, glad to know it still exists.
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Glad to hear everything has passed!
Michael
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Yup, just another sensationalized storm, but the rain just wont stop. New to this home over the last three years i have had to do something i never had to do here or the 25 years on the island. I had to get a portable sump pump as i was developing a mote along the back of the house. Concerned, ive had that little pump running now the last two days. I timed the output into a gallon jug. 9 1/2 seconds. Ive run it about four hours now off and on, so do the math, its a lot.
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

NavyDoc76-80 wrote:Yup, just another sensationalized storm, but the rain just wont stop. New to this home over the last three years i have had to do something i never had to do here or the 25 years on the island. I had to get a portable sump pump as i was developing a mote along the back of the house. Concerned, ive had that little pump running now the last two days. I timed the output into a gallon jug. 9 1/2 seconds. Ive run it about four hours now off and on, so do the math, its a lot.
Yeah, that's not good when that kind of water is up against the house. I went through that this spring with tropical rains. Ended up having to make some pretty significant changes that took a bunch of time and $,$$$.
Michael
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Just finished pumping another 1500 gallons away from my house. Sure will be glad when this one is over, i hope Jaybm is doing ok in SC.
Dave M
--//--
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Jaybm »

We're okay, one death locally, nine statewide so far.
There was a strange sight in the sky this morning ... sunshine !
The yard was a lake for awhile but no power outage or fallen trees.
Worse flooding in 1000 years they say and damage is unbelievable.
Car dealer in the city had a bunch of vehicles washed off their
lot. Some stuck under the bridge, others tipped over in the river.

Now the cleanup begins ... Jim
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

Glad you're doing OK in spite of all the rain.
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

NavyDoc76-80 wrote:If i were in your shoes having to use a walker i think i would have a miracle moment. I can see me throwing the walker off to the side and running down the stairs as the tornado approached, then wonder once down there " hey how did i do that?", of course once the pain became a reality it would all become clear....
Speaking of clear, we are clear blue skies with a nice breeze. I feel like i havnt seen the sun in ten days, glad to know it still exists.
That is exactly what I would do!
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

rman wrote:Glad you're doing OK in spite of all the rain.
Was able to let the animals out of the Ark today...a good sign
Dave M
--//--
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Ranch Dog wrote:Yeah, that's not good when that kind of water is up against the house. I went through that this spring with tropical rains. Ended up having to make some pretty significant changes that took a bunch of time and $,$$$.
Well, no pun intended, necessity is the mother of invention. Id wish a french drain would do but the water table is too high, so what id like to do, and id like to do a lot of things, is to run a hard drain from that low spot along the house, attached to the pump i was using, pushing the liquid into a creek about 125ft from the pump location, a Ditch Witch would be nice. Oh wait, i need to save up for a scope, rings etc...and that was a 1000 year storm, they said it, it has to be true, i think i know where the $$$$ is going.
Dave M
--//--
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C