Remaining Logged In

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Remaining Logged In

Post by Archer »

One thing I have noticed since the change is after I've been on an hour or two having to RE-login as the board apparently logs me out spontaneously telling me I must log in to view or post to this topic in spite of the fact that I DID log in. I can't find a timeout in my settings to change that.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Forum Banner Photos

Post by akuser47 »

When you log in does the sign in window show you the option to checkmark "keep me logged in if I don't select this it will automatically sign me out if it goes dormant.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Forum Banner Photos

Post by Ranch Dog »

akuser47 wrote:When you log in does the sign in window show you the option to checkmark "keep me logged in if I don't select this it will automatically sign me out if it goes dormant.
That's correct.
login_01.jpg
If your internet provider varies IP address, many do now, the forum recognizing that "its you but your IP address has change" will cause the need to login again. I use broadband based internet because there is nothing else out here. I have to sign in at least once a day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Remaining Logged In

Post by Archer »

I always sign in each visit.
I always sign out when I am leaving.
I never have checked the Log me on automatically box (or if I ever did it was by accident.)

I was noticing that sometimes when I was viewing a topic but had been busy with something else for maybe 15 to 30 minutes and hitting the POSTREPLY button or more often when reading a lengthy topic and smacking the next page button I get the 'Member's Only Forum Login to view topic' message.
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Jaybm »

hmmm. might be my problem ???

"If your internet provider varies IP address, many do now, the forum recognizing that "its you but your IP address has change" will cause the need to login again. I use broadband based internet because there is nothing else out here. I have to sign in at least once a day."
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Archer wrote:I always sign in each visit.
I always sign out when I am leaving.
I never have checked the Log me on automatically box (or if I ever did it was by accident.)

I was noticing that sometimes when I was viewing a topic but had been busy with something else for maybe 15 to 30 minutes and hitting the POSTREPLY button or more often when reading a lengthy topic and smacking the next page button I get the 'Member's Only Forum Login to view topic' message.
If the "Log me in automatically..." box is not checked, your session will expire 3600 seconds after you log in.

If you have the referenced box checked or don't use broadband or multiple IPs, try resetting your cookie through the link at the the bottom of each page ("Delete all board cookies").
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

One hour auto expire.

That might be the issue.
I've probably spent more than an hour crawling through the forums here, especially if I've been absent a day or three.

The other board or two I post at has a optional setting for each session duration on login
or has a user default setting that can be changed by the user.