So what did you do today?

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: So what did you do today?

Post by akuser47 »

Great to enjoy the family thats what sundays are meant for. I was in perrysberg eating diner with my daughter today:-D. Just a great day for me as well.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

Yep, AK, family ties, in my opinion, are what holds society together. If we don't start instilling those values into the generations coming behind us, we are doomed to failure as a civil society.

JD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I agree, I have been somewhat estranged from my daughter lately. Today was a good turning point. Prayers answered
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

akuser47 wrote:I agree, I have been somewhat estranged from my daughter lately. Today was a good turning point. Prayers answered

I know the feeling (too well), and from my upbringing I would have never expected it. Must be the Norman Rockwell artistic rendering that I grew up with.

I and the wife will remain optimistic, and hope your issues will work out as well.

JD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

My wife and I took on raising one of our grandson's almost 3 years ago. After our son died, he and his mother just didn't get along. Long story short, she is not much of a mother and wouldn't even make him go to school. Social Services was about to remove him from the home when we stepped in. The court awarded us temporary custody. Since then he has been great about going to school and has even maintained pretty good grades. I introduced him to shooting and we spend a lot of time at the range. Hate to admit it, but he has become a better shot then me when shooting from the bench. He shoots .22 LR and a .223 bolt action. We started shooting Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette late in the season last year. Neither one of us are very good, but we both enjoy it. Another hobby of his is radio control racing. He started with 1/10th scale electric powered cars last year and graduated to an 1/8th scale nitro powered buggy this Spring. We spent 2 days last weekend in Blue Springs, Mo racing on an outdoor off-road course. The sun and the heat were grueling, but we both enjoyed it and he did pretty well for a beginner. It was a fun weekend for both of us. Taking on a teenager at our age has been a big adjustment for us, but it is also rewarding.
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I am glad to hear through it all you are able to enjoy the hobbies with him.
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

It is supposed to be stormy here later today. I think a range trip is in order before the storms start.
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Ran accross this and enjoyed it so much that i wanted to reply just to bring it back up on the current boards. While i have much to share, i really didnt do anything worth mentioning today, but perhaps someone else does.
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Jaybm »

I was wondering how I missed this than I noticed the date on the original post :o .

Enjoyed reading all the posts. What can I add ... had my six month dental cleaning / check up
and got an OK. That's always good news !

Took the beast to the grooming shop, ha ha, as soon as he discovered where we were he
decided he would rather stay in the car. Ordeal completely wore him out !
Spoilt Egg.JPG
Spent an hour cleaning the interior of the wife's car, I wouldn't dream of taking him in my
truck !

Decided to change my EDC to an old Bersa Mod. 383 (.380 ) but after hanging that all
metal pistol on my belt for awhile I went back to LCR .38sp.

Did do a wipe down of the handguns and the Rossi carbine with the ole impregnated hand
towel ( gun oil and Hoppe's ). Makes the room smell nice !

Maybe we can get this thread reactivated :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

Jaybm - that old dog looks pretty contented!

Well... this isn't what I did today, but what I did Tuesday. Today has barely started. Over the last year, I've collected a couple of old Marlin 39A's. I have a nearly new one that I used for silhouette shooting, but my grandson took it over. We don't see the sights the same, so it doesn't work out well for both of us to shoot it. The first one I picked up was a 1952 with a 24" barrel. A couple of months ago I found a nice 1967 Mountie with a 20" barrel. Last week my gunsmith did a trigger job on both of them and did a great job. Anyhow I took them out to the range Tuesday morning and did a bunch of shooting to see which one was the most accurate. The oldest one has Ballard rifling and the newer has Microgroove rifling. I couldn't see any clear advantage for either one at 50 yards from the bench. I like the trigger on the Mountie the best, but it also has a shorter sight radius. Guess I'll put receiver sights and new front blades on both and see which one works best for me in competition. Decisions... decisions... Anyway, it was a fun day at the range.