So what do you shave with?

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: So what do you shave with?

Post by akuser47 »

Regardless of past transgressions on our faces the safety razor gets it done, so far this is the best home shave.So far the best affordable option to a professional straight shave in Vegas I've had I wish I could afford that every 3 days
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

AK, this cracked me up. You made me think of the best shave and a haircut i ever paid for was in the Philippines. They always did a head massage with it, you could melt out of the chair. For thirty years now I've gone the grizzly adams look. I hit it once in awhile with the electric clippers just to be civilized, i figure ive saved enough money over the years to pay for one of my Rossi's easy. About five years ago i shaved the beard off, while it made me look 10 years younger, i thought my daughter was going to cry, she had never seen me close shaved. 10 days and i was looking normal again, to my daughter anyway :lol:
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
Maximumbob54
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Maximumbob54 »

Opened up a fresh razor this morning. These things are nearly paper thin and saying they are "razor sharp" is of course a duh statement. I'm just curious if anyone else has tried setting how tight the razor is held for how well the shave is? Usually I set mine all the way tight. Curious if setting it tight enough to hold but not all the way tight would change anything.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

NavyDoc76-80 wrote: About five years ago i shaved the beard off, while it made me look 10 years younger, i thought my daughter was going to cry, she had never seen me close shaved. 10 days and i was looking normal again, to my daughter anyway :lol:
Heck, Doc. my dogs growled at me the last time I took the beard all the way off. None of them had ever seen me with a clean face.
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
aragornelessar86

Post by aragornelessar86 »

My oldest sister turned 40 this year, and she's never seen my dad clean shaven. Legend has it that the morning after he discharged from the army he woke up with a hangover and an eagle tattoo on his chin, and he never drank or shaved again.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Maximumbob54 wrote:Opened up a fresh razor this morning. These things are nearly paper thin and saying they are "razor sharp" is of course a duh statement. I'm just curious if anyone else has tried setting how tight the razor is held for how well the shave is? Usually I set mine all the way tight. Curious if setting it tight enough to hold but not all the way tight would change anything.
I screw mine tight as to be consistent. There may be tricks to adjust it but I haven't learned them yet.
Conman

Post by Conman »

What is this "shave" to which you refer?? :roll:
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Ok, this is coincidental, so i gotta share. My daughter in college down in Wilmington sends me this text that says "Me when i was younger? And this link...
Its all about the beard, no beard thing....the horrors we put our kids through ...

Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Lol love it
Maximumbob54
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Maximumbob54 »

OMG that last sideways look before she goes back to wailing. That was priceless. :lol: